brocolli, potato sides, with pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brocolli, potato sides, with pics

last weekend i grilled a trout and made some sides to go along with it, nothing fancy but quick n easy and no dishes to mess with. i make foil envelopes and put my veggies and butter and seasonings inside and seal shut. put them on the grill ahead of time so they are done same time as main item. about the last half hour i open the packets up so they take on a little smoke.

here is brocolli, butter, s&p, and some spicehunters chefs shake-great stuff. in foil packet.

and done.

potatoes, thinly sliced, onions, s&p, seasonall, butter of course...

and done.

you can also make serving size foil packets if you wish instead of doing all in one big batch. can do many different veggies like this. use your favorite seasonings. thks for cking my pix!!!
    Charbroil SFB
    GOSM
    MES
    Dutch Ovens and other CI
    Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
    Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Nothing like sliced potatoes and onions! Looks great!

Comment

Nice Erain. Bet that was great with the trout.

The boys and I would do that over the fire while camping. Kind of a spin off of the hobo dinner. Never thought to try it that way in the smoker. Thanks.
      S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
      CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
      New Braunfels Bandera
      UniFlame Gas Grill
      Lil Chief

Comment

Excellent veggies! Those potatoes looks great also. I haven't tried smoking potatoes but will now.
        sigpic
        Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Great looking dinner E!
          Was it in the smoker or on the grill? I have had zero success with taters on the smoker.. :(

The trout looked fantastic, I have not had fresh trout in like a million years!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

excellent idea - bbq'd veggies.
            Hmm, have to think about that one :-)
            Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
            Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by Bbqgoddess View Post
              Great looking dinner E!
              Was it in the smoker or on the grill? I have had zero success with taters on the smoker.. :(

The trout looked fantastic, I have not had fresh trout in like a million years!
              was on the grill, i always use wood on the coals though so always a nice smoke... when grilling steaks i always do a big packet of seasoned onion slices and another packet of mushrooms in butter. have also done asparagus, green beans, peas, carrots, cabbage, zuchinni, to name a few. fresh from the garden is best!!!
              Charbroil SFB
              GOSM
              MES
              Dutch Ovens and other CI
              Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
              Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Man that is nice! Louie does like trout on the smoker. Only trout we got are salt water speckled. Oh man, they are good! Do Rainbow's when we go to the mtns. in Carolina.
                Sunset Eagle Aviation
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

nice smoke Erain! We are big fans of the foil method for the veggies. Some butter nut squash 'n butter......
                  Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                  Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X