UDS build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UDS build

So I've never been much of a picture taker, that being said I dont have a lot of pics of it when I was drilling for racks or making basket. I reckon I'll have to get used to that now I guess, gotta have proof right?!?!

I found a place to buy new unlined barrels and for 33 bucks it not worth using a used one and going through the burning process.

I made the first rack for a water pan and the next cooking rack out of expanded metal, and used a grill grate for the top rack.
    I then added an elbow and pipe to the ball valve to easy access. To make up for some insecurities I made sure I got a long enough pipe.

First pick right before I seasoned it.

Seasoning it

So at this point I was gonna be happy with it and be done, well you know how that goes.

I decided I wanted to add a chimney, then thought a shelf would be cool, but then again two shelves would be cooler, after I built the shelves I couldnt put them on my ugly barrel, so I best paint it now.

I made the shelves out of white oak, with heavy duty brackets, No doubt they would hold 100lbs.

Since I wanted the shelves and the ball valve to be the center I decided to get rid of the pipe.

I plan on doing some UK Wildcat theme to it in the next couple days, but this is it for now.

Dayum!!! That is one rockin' rig!!!

Oh, and welcome to the Island!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

WOW fine lookin UDS

Comment

Very nice! What's going on in the garbage can/dryer vent in the background?
        sigpic

Comment

Hey Buddy, you rocked this one out. allow me to be the first to give you some ..

as you can tell we all love pics on this site and you'll learn to be careful whats in the background of them. Now that someone noticed your lil cold smoke attachment for it you'll have to go into that one a bit for them.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinTim View Post
            Very nice! What's going on in the garbage can/dryer vent in the background?
            Its a cold smoker attachment for the uds. Altho is a galvinized can I feel comfortable with using it, it never gets hot so no worries of fumes coming off it durning the smoke, but I have a smaller 30gal steel drum that will someday take the place of the garbage can.

Comment

Wow, that is really awesome. I love the shelves. First class build right there. Looking forward to seeing what you're gonna cook first!

Comment

Damn...very nice drum. Also nice score on the new unlined barrels:thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-I100 using Tapatalk 2
                Steve

Comment

Man...Ya done that gig right! Sho do like me UDS!
                  Sunset Eagle Aviation
                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Very nice.

Dave
                    CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
                    UDS 1.0
                    Afterburner
                    Weber Performer
                    Blue Thermapen
                    Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
                    Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                    Auber Smoker Controller
                    Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
                    -
                    "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

nice drum! im making some shelves for mine one of these days, i just couldnt wait to get using it
                      lol
                      sigpic

Mary had a little lamb her father shot it dead, now it goes to school with her between two lumps of bread

Comment

The talent in this forum is awe-inspiring.
                        Weber 22.5
                        Lil Chief
                        1950's Crosley Shelvadore
                        Bradley Smoker
                        Maverick ET732
                        Nesco Dehydrator
                        Thermapen "Blue Bayou"

Comment

[QUOTE=It Makes Me Smile;364828]Its a cold smoker attachment for the uds.

Nice Drum. I recently built one myself and love it. I too incorporated a shelf and I like your idea of putting the thermometer hole in the lid. I put mine in the drum just under the rack. so on the cold smoker, all you do is run the UDS at al low temp and put the dryey hose over the pipe of your uds? do you vent the trash can?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Nice build, how about putting a UK logo on one side and a Chicago Bears logo on the other side and I will pick it up this weekend when I blast through Louisville.......

Comment

Working...
                            X