help? Can you id this smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help? Can you id this smoker

I know i have seen this model somewhere before? Can you help me ID it?

Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Ain't that a Brinkmann SNP?
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
      Yup, with the chimney bucket mod...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
        Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
        and firebox support....
        --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
        www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
          Originally posted by MossyMO View Post
          and firebox support....
          Yeah...Jeez, that's gotta be BIG BUX I think...
          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

someone jacked it up & stole their wheels too.

guess they run wide open & don't need no stinkin' firebox door either.
            brink vertical charcoal(the carp)
            18" old smokey charcoal grill/smoker
            cast iron Hibachi
            22" Kettle w/ "Smoke-EZ" styled riser extension
            & rotisserator
            12x7 wells cargo vending trailer(mods in progress)
            stuffer,slicer & more carp than i can fit in it...
            Marshall amps & various awesome guitars,drums,P.A.,etc.recording studio.....

Blues-N-Cues Concessions & Catering
            http://blues-n-cuesbbq.com/
            my music recordings-
            http://www.reverbnation.com/rlcltd

Comment

the guy had it posted on craigslist and stated "it so big you can cook a pig on it"

Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

dang - until just recently i would have had a spare door etc. to give you, if you want this unit. it's a damn good one straight out of thebox, and with a few mods it really, really whistles dixie. 10$ in lawnmower wheels and she'll be mobile again, too.

the "stock" door warps anyway, after a few smokes. if you want a 1/8-inch door with a hell of a nice "butterfly flap," i can put you in touch with the guy who fabricated mine....
                Last edited by TasunkaWitko; 09-26-2012, 10:43 AM.
                Fundamentals matter.

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
                Die Wahrheit wird euch frei machen

Foods of the World Forums - From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, it's all good

BaitShopBoyz.com - Shoot the bull with the boyZ

Comment

seriously, wire brush the rust and rub it down with lard, and it would be good as new. if you want a nice unit, this would be it, if the price is right.
                  Fundamentals matter.

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen

Comment

technically, you COULD do a young pig in here, but you MIGHT have to quarter it or tie it....i can't remember for sure. i guess it really depends on the size of wilbur. the smoking chamber is 40 inches long and about yay wide.... (should be able to guess by the proportion?)
                    Last edited by TasunkaWitko; 09-25-2012, 11:05 PM.
                    Fundamentals matter.

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen

Comment

damn - now i want to barbecue something on mine, but it's only tuesday.

if you can get a decent price, it would be a good buy, and i could assist with mods etc. they are 145-150$ or so new, so let that be your guide.
                      Fundamentals matter.

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen

Comment

Originally posted by TasunkaWitko View Post
                        dang - until just recently i would have had a spare door etc. to give you, if you want this unit. it's a damn good one straight out of thebox, and with a few mods it really, really whistles dixie. 10$ in lawnmower wheels and she'll be mobile again, too.

the "stock" door warps anyway, after a few smokes. if you want a quarter-inch door with a hell of a nice "butterfly flap," i can put you in touch with the guy who fabricated mine....
                        that & the thin fb lid.
                        if I were to ever buy another one I'd just get a real frebox fabbed & stainless bolts for it.
                        those don't last long when ya run them as stickburners.
                        brink vertical charcoal(the carp)
                        18" old smokey charcoal grill/smoker
                        cast iron Hibachi
                        22" Kettle w/ "Smoke-EZ" styled riser extension
                        & rotisserator
                        12x7 wells cargo vending trailer(mods in progress)
                        stuffer,slicer & more carp than i can fit in it...
                        Marshall amps & various awesome guitars,drums,P.A.,etc.recording studio.....

Blues-N-Cues Concessions & Catering
                        http://blues-n-cuesbbq.com/
                        my music recordings-
                        http://www.reverbnation.com/rlcltd

Comment

You could easily cook a pig on it---Maybe even 3 pigs.
                          And a Pumpkin Pie for dessert:

Bear
                          Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                          Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

>>>those don't last long when ya run them as stickburners.<<<

well yeah, it's designed for charcoal, and works great as designed.
                            Fundamentals matter.

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen

Comment

Firebox door, easy and effective fix to do it right the first time:

once the manifold was accomplished, i turned my attention to the firebox door:

the reason for this mod is because the original (on the right) is made of very thin metal. after a season or so of real barbecue, the thin metal will warp and the door's ability to regulate airflow is compromised. the solution? build an exact copy, except in 1/8" steel plate.

as you can see, this metal isn't going to warp any time soon, if ever. the difference between the two is clear. there is an extra advantage in that retained heat is kept in the firebox rather than being lost through the thin skin of the firebox door. we're currently looking into the possibility of a "sheath" that will insert into the bottom of the firebox to perform a similar heat-retention duty, and also to protect the bottom of the firebox from deterioration due to heat and moisture.

the new firebox door is an exact copy, using the old one for a template. the butterfly "shutter" regulates the airflow and can be adjusted accordingly. here's a view of the back side:

the shutter turns easily from open to closed:

this mod was a bit on the expensive side, 65$, but i have a feeling that it will pay for itself before long in reduced fuel consumption. besides, with a thin, warped door, that you're going to have to eventually replace anyway, you might as well pay your welder for some quality. i would much rather spend 65$ now than replace with a cheap, thin one three or four times and end up spending more money and still coming out with something that doesn't do nearly as good a job.
                              Fundamentals matter.

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen

Comment

Working...
                              X