Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Smoked-Meat....... What's Cooking This Weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Smoked-Meat....... What's Cooking This Weekend?

What's it going to be?

Just pulled a couple of chickens oot of the freezer to thaw & go on the rotisserie tonight while the wife unit is gone

Thinking a couple of butts need to be smoked this Saturday to build up the PP stash for the fall & probably ribs on Sunday for football viewing

What U Got Planned?
    sigpic

Got mah 2 briskies in the fridge. Saturday O'dark thirty they start to become pastrami I hope.

Which is good. My wife still looks at me funny when I tell her I'm going into the garage to message my brisket.
    New Braunfels Black Diamond
    18.5" WSM
    Weber Performer Deluxe Black
    18.5 Weber Kettle
    22.5 Weber Kettle
    Maverick ET732
    6, 8, 10 and 12' Lodge DO

Smoked Meat Misfits: "the change it had to come. We knew it all along. We were liberated from the fold, that's all" - The Who.

sigpic

Comment

Got home last night, blew $60 on meat this morning. Got a couple of butts on a 22.5 as I type this for PP, and for the rest of the week and weekend, a couple of chuckies, some sirloins, and a chunk of turkey I wanna hit with Riches pork brine.
      Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

Originally posted by IrishChef View Post
        Got home last night, blew $60 on meat this morning. Got a couple of butts on a 22.5 as I type this for PP, and for the rest of the week and weekend, a couple of chuckies, some sirloins, and a chunk of turkey I wanna hit with Riches pork brine.
        What flavor of smoke you fancy on the butts IC?

I yam gessing muh hog any ret sos on the Pooled pork?
        sigpic

Comment

Pulled two butts out of the Freezer this morning... Will be putting them on Saturday! Going to get some fresh cider (you know the unpasteurized kind.... full of worms and all....taste so so good.) to inject them with...

Should be great!!
          Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
          Yoder YS640
          Weber Genesis
          Weber 18.5" Kettle
          Weber Performer
          Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by barkonbutts View Post
            Pulled two butts out of the Freezer this morning... Will be putting them on Saturday! Going to get some fresh cider (you know the unpasteurized kind.... full of worms and all....taste so so good.) to inject them with...

Should be great!!
            Great Idea!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
              What flavor of smoke you fancy on the butts IC?

I yam gessing muh hog any ret sos on the Pooled pork?
              Maple, with a bit of cherry at the end for a nice rich color. And hey bud, I'm fresh out of mahagany red. And the website is still not accepting orders. Could you maybe lend me some of your stash. Tharks bro.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishChef View Post
                Maple, with a bit of cherry at the end for a nice rich color. And hey bud, I'm fresh out of mahagany red. And the website is still not accepting orders. Could you maybe lend me some of your stash. Tharks bro.
                Still waiting on me order also...... Been back ordered going on 13 months now Wish I could help a brother out man, butt shit is hard to get ya know I been looking for a clone recipe with no luck either
                sigpic

Comment

Some Mad Hunky Dill and Poultry Brined Chicken Legs! And yeah, a shit load of fresh dill mixed into the brine
                  There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fire it up View Post
                    Some Mad Hunky Dill and Poultry Brined Chicken Legs! And yeah, a shit load of fresh dill mixed into the brine
                    Dill? WOW, that sounds interesting. Love me some fresh dill on Salmon/Steelhead, butt never thought about using it along with a brine Keep us posted on this one
                    sigpic

Comment

Talked my friend and he asked if I could do two butts for him as well, they just dropped off... so now it looks like I have 4 butts to do... his are for a Family gathering so I hope he likes them...
                      Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
                      Yoder YS640
                      Weber Genesis
                      Weber 18.5" Kettle
                      Weber Performer
                      Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Have a couple of things on the horizon; I'm a newbie, so I haven't tried a lot of meat cuts. Tonight is my first fatty (Greek). On Sunday I am doing a batch of Mac & Cheese from a recipe I found during my information searches. I also have my butcher watching for a 6 pound butt. I believe I am limited in size of it because I have an ECB and with estimations of 2 hours per pound, I am sitting around 12 hours. I don't have a digital alarm clock to wake me up when it is done if I have one that is much larger.
                        Arizona Deano
                        "Illegitimas Non-Carborundum!"

"Life is tough. Its tougher when you're stupid."
                        John Wayne

Comment

We got a sale Saturday to serve food. It'll be the debut of my breakfast sandwich, everything but the croissant will be homemade(I'm not ready for it) hopefully they're better than the precooked ones we usually get. Kinda hoping its a short sale, I wanna smoke some baby backs for the Nebraska vs Wisconsin game. I figure if the skers git ther ass waxed like last year at least we'll eat good If not enough time gonna do them Sunday after registering for baby gifts just shoot me now!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by smokerdean View Post
                            Have a couple of things on the horizon; I'm a newbie, so I haven't tried a lot of meat cuts. Tonight is my first fatty (Greek). On Sunday I am doing a batch of Mac & Cheese from a recipe I found during my information searches. I also have my butcher watching for a 6 pound butt. I believe I am limited in size of it because I have an ECB and with estimations of 2 hours per pound, I am sitting around 12 hours. I don't have a digital alarm clock to wake me up when it is done if I have one that is much larger.
                            6 pounder won't take quite that long. Maybe 10 hours at most, probably closer to 8.

Comment

weather dependant, I've got a bunch of cured shoulder to turn into pulled ham/bbb

Nothing else 'planned' :-)
                              Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                              Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Working...
                              X