Looking For Someone That Has No Yeast Sourdough Starter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking For Someone That Has No Yeast Sourdough Starter

I have been emailed from someone around the Austin area that is looking for no yeast sourdough starter that has been active for some time..

Do we have anyone here that would like to share with this person??
    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

I don't believe there is such a thing. Kinda like a stringless guitar. ANY bread... unless the unleavened (yeastless) flat breads.
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I have found some recipes online but I have no clue... I'm lucky to find the sourdough bread at the store...
      Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
        I don't believe there is such a thing. Kinda like a stringless guitar.
        Yeast is what makes the starter...werk!
        No such thing. JMHO
        Mark
        sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
        Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

All starter has natural yeast in it. The wild yeast spores mixed with the flour and water is what makes the starter. If they just want some that doesn't have any added commercial yeast in it, I can help.
          sigpic
          Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
            All starter has natural yeast in it. The wild yeast spores mixed with the flour and water is what makes the starter. If they just want some that doesn't have any added commercial yeast in it, I can help.
            I can help also if this person wants a "wild" yeast product. The commercial stuff, at least what I was told by a professional baker, is a natural yeast, but only certain spores are selected to reproduce. They are looking for a more consistent yeast and this is why they do this, obviously for the commercial baker. Most home bakers don't keep a jar of goo in their fridge that they love as much as their own children. There's a few of us though. Hugs Bassman.

Comment

Even with starters with "selected" yeast wont stay that way. Wild Yeast will always win over in the long run. It's why Sourdough tastes different from one region to another.

I've been trying to get a decent Sourdough loaf in Kansas for 11 years. Still not happy and probably never will be. nothing beats San Fran or even western Washington for sourdough. Problem is, you can buy the san fran starter but it will not be san fran when your all done with it, it'll be "wherever you are" starter by the time all is said and done.

ALL Sourdough starter is yeast driving.

With that said. you can build your first starter without using prepared yeast as long as you have a good starch base. Flour. You can add potato flakes, potato flour, rye etc it you like. Add a dab of raw sugar to kick start (or not) and water. cover, keep in nice warm place. Dump, feed, dump, feed etc. next thing you know yer makin' bread :)

This is a very good tut for a basic starter

Another excellent way to make "dry" starter

Love the Sourdough. the tangier the better. I'd drink Sourdough Coffee if I thought I could get away with it. Sourdough Sweet Tea anyone?
              "Support bacteria, It's the only culture some people have"
              sigpic
              - Custom pit trailer
              - 30" MES
              - Coupla Bullets
              - LEM 3/4hp Grinder
              - 11lb Stuffer
              - Million pounds of spices
              - Meat Barn
              - Encouraging wife
              - Kids that love meat

Comment

yep looks like someone needs a litle education to what sourdough actually is.
                Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Got my starter from Gunslinger years ago...Reminds me I need to feed & burp the baby!
                  Sunset Eagle Aviation
                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Working...
                  X