meat loaf recipe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• meat loaf recipe.

Several of you asked me for this........here we go...........

2lbs ground beef
    1 package lipton onion soup mix
    1 cup frenchfried onions
    >ground up into bread crumb consistancy
    2 small onions chopped then carmalized
    1/2 cup water
    2 eggs
    1 tblspn worster sauce
    Fresh CBP to taste
    easy on the salt, as you have salt in the onion soup mix, and the FF onions

mix all together and make either one large loaf, or the mini loafs like Daboys showed.

smoke till internals of 160

enjoy

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Originally posted by Walking Dude View Post
    Several of you asked me for this........here we go...........

2lbs ground beef
    1 package lipton onion soup mix
    1 cup frenchfried onions
    >ground up into bread crumb consistancy
    2 small onions chopped then carmalized
    1/2 cup water
    2 eggs
    1 tblspn worster sauce
    Fresh CBP to taste
    easy on the salt, as you have salt in the onion soup mix, and the FF onions

mix all together and make either one large loaf, or the mini loafs like Daboys showed.

smoke till internals of 160

enjoy
    Make sure you carmalize the onions or Steve will yell at ya! I also added a 1/2 bell pepper. Adds a little crunch and more flavor to these bad boys.

sigpic
    Brinkman SnP-w/mods
    ECB
    GOSM
    MES for sticks and sausage
    30 yr old Weber Kettle
    Brinkman gasser

Comment

That sounds great. Thanks for sharing.
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks for sharing, Steve. I will give it a try the next time i make meatloaf.
        Dawn

New Braunfels Bandera "Grail"
        Weber 22.5" Kettle Grill
        1 Maverick ET-73
        1 Green Thermapen

member #38

Comment

hea, thanx for sharing that recipie d88de, heard so much about it!!!
          Charbroil SFB
          GOSM
          MES
          Dutch Ovens and other CI
          Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
          Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

HMM! meat loaf looks good. the cabbage balls looked good also.

hey Gunny still smokin with a concrete tank? or did ya upgrade to a septic tank?

okay okay the yote is howlin now, where the sam hill ya be??
            sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
            nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyote View Post

okay okay the yote is howlin now, where the sam hill ya be??
              Are you speaking of Walk? If so..no good news.

http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34944
              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                Are you speaking of Walk? If so..no good news.

http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34944
                No, I so the sad news about walking dude. he is missed. RIP WD.

Gunslinger is who I was referring to. he made good grub and was an asset here. I saw his last post was 2011. seems he had some health issues. miss the old buds.
                sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
                nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

No, I so the sad news about walking dude. he is missed. RIP WD.

Gunslinger is who I was referring to. he made good grub and was an asset here. I saw his last post was 2011. seems he had some health issues. miss the old buds.
                  Gunny is active on facebook...really active with his family & son as a budding Pastor...proud for them!
                  Sunset Eagle Aviation
                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

I have a little trick that I use when I make meatloaf or meatballs. I make beef stock jello. Seriously, if you have beef drippings, beef stock, beef broth or better yet, use some of Rich's JUST ADD BEEF then you can reduce it down a bit, add gelatin let that chill until it sets up. Then work it in to your meatloaf mixture. As it cooks this lusciousness will melt leaving behind a great flavor. As it melts down I baste the meatloaf with it. You can use the drippings for a nice sauce. Add some good red wine... Okay, I'm done.

Comment

Gunslinger is who I was referring to.
                      Much better news there... Indeed he’s on FB, and has lost a lot of weight... and doing quite well!

Just traded out some stuff for some sorghum syrup he produces. Dang that stuff is tasty...
                      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
                        I have a little trick that I use when I make meatloaf or meatballs. I make beef stock jello. Seriously, if you have beef drippings, beef stock, beef broth or better yet, use some of Rich's JUST ADD BEEF then you can reduce it down a bit, add gelatin let that chill until it sets up. Then work it in to your meatloaf mixture. As it cooks this lusciousness will melt leaving behind a great flavor. As it melts down I baste the meatloaf with it. You can use the drippings for a nice sauce. Add some good red wine... Okay, I'm done.
                        Craig
                        sigpic

Comment

Love ya Sister...stay wide open! wooo....
                          Sunset Eagle Aviation
                          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                            Much better news there... Indeed he’s on FB, and has lost a lot of weight... and doing quite well!

Just traded out some stuff for some sorghum syrup he produces. Dang that stuff is tasty...
                            I will have to track him down and get some of that. I was hoping he was gonna post the rebuilding of the press he picked up in Kentucky.

Comment

Now there's a great idear! I always use beef stock and JAB... never thought aboot making a gel... I like that!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Working...
                              X