Hickory Smoked Pork Loin With Dutch Oven Sides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hickory Smoked Pork Loin With Dutch Oven Sides

Well, there was supposed to be more to this but I lost a lot of pictures this past weekend. I had my family out to the farm for Sunday dinner and I smoked a MH pork loin and some Hot Whangs. Also on the menu were ABTs made with black Hungarian peppers from a neighbors garden, pasta salad, green beans, beanie weenies, and an apple spice cobbler.

The black Hungarian ABTs were a hit! I filled them with cream cheese only and wrapped in bacon. Some were still black, some had already turned red but dang...some packed some heat!! Anyway, this is all I got for pics.

Beanie weenies my SIL made in her DO. She had received it as a gift last Christmas and this was the first time she used it. She had a lot of fun learning how to use it.

Green beans, potatoes, onions and there's a piece of jowl in there some where, too.

Apple spice cobbler - 2 cans apple pie filling dumped in bottom of DO. Dump a spice cake mix on top and then take a stick of butter and cut up over the top of the cake mix. Baked for about 45 minutes with 7 coals on the bottom and 13 on top.

The only pic I got of the pork loin. I pulled it at 145 IT.

All in all it was a beautiful afternoon. I had a project for all the kids (6 of them)...I let them paint tires. They LOVED it and it kept them busy. Of course they had paint every where but they did do a really good job! I'll use the tires for planters.

Thanks for viewing!
    Last edited by sweet_magnolia; 10-23-2012, 02:13 PM.
    Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
    Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
    1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
    Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
    Weber Smokey Joe
    Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
    Pink Thermapen
    Purple Thermapen

How fun Beck!!! the loin looked perfectly delish super juicy! you are a master of the DO!!! DO Dave would be very proud of ya, you are gathering quite the collection too.... ugh.. olive, olive, olive...... I haven't forgotten!!! but you know whats been going on! can't wait to see the tire planters too, the farm is blooming every day! xoxo

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Re

Oh yeah, wasn't Sunday nice. Upriver from you here in the tristate KY, Ohio, WV it was picture perfect.

Becky, it looks like you and yours had a fine time and as the day progressed. Nothing like getting the kids in on an art project where they can contribute. Then the adults cut the tires and manipulate them into the forms they want to build. For the kids that will be real magic to see
      those things we posted photos of awhile back. It will definitely make a
      wonderland garden around the barn for cooking and entertaining. I can just imagine how lovely that's going to be.

You got ya some nice DO cooking going on there too. Good example for everyone here. Love those green beans & taters. I grew up eating "white half runners" & "kenneybec's" from the pressure cooker when I
      was a kid. Always had a few strips of bacon and some bacon grease thrown in with them.

Was helping a friend celebrate their birthday. Skish kabobs were requested, a Coconut Birthday Cake with pineapple filling, and More of the scalloped potatoes & Mac & Cheese from the DO's.

Smoke from Apple and Plumb wood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc1URQgQWNo

Comment

Great looking grub Pioneer Becky & cool kid stuff too
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks, Y'all!

Originally posted by Bbqgoddess View Post
          .... ugh.. olive, olive, olive...... I haven't forgotten!!!
          No worries! It's all good!

Originally posted by eDJ View Post
          Nothing like getting the kids in on an art project where they can contribute.
          Yep! They are still talking about it and asking their parents over and over when can they go back and paint more tires. Nice looking cake, by the way!
          Last edited by sweet_magnolia; 10-24-2012, 09:19 AM.
          Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
          Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
          1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
          Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
          Weber Smokey Joe
          Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
          Pink Thermapen
          Purple Thermapen

Comment

Working...