Drying hot peppers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drying hot peppers

I've had an electric dehydrator for a couple years now , given to me by a friend , who got it at a yard sale...anyhow , I usually grow hot peppers in my garden. Habanero , jalapeņos , cayenne , Italian hot cherries Hungarian wax peppers....all kinds.
    This pic shows left to right the dried peppers I have saved right now....the big old mason jar has whole dried habaneros , which are easily reconstituted and used in chili or jerk sauce. The middle mason jar is dried crushed habaneros (put thru a food processor) ....this I use in a lot of ways and brother , let me tell you , a little bit of this goes a long way. The small jar on the right is dried crushed cayennes with a few jalapeņos mixed in (these were pretty much all still green when I dried them , so the dust is green , but it too is very hot. I also dry basil and sage which I grow.

We call it Bah-buh-cue !

Toss some of them in yer smoker.. POOF! Chipotle... :{)
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I just dehydrated a small load of what was left from the garden... Habaneros and jalapeņos... both are going into the smoker and become Pop-Pop's chipotle...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Just cut of some Jalapenos aboot an hour ago & into the dehydrator.... Wife made me move it to the garage though
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
          Toss some of them in yer smoker.. POOF! Chipotle... :{)
          I stand back in amazement! You missed the Hungarian!
          Sunset Eagle Aviation
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

I dry all of my peppers in my gasser. I put some wood in for a little smoke and I put the grill on med-low and bake them until they are almost brittle, usually about 2-3 hours. Then into the spice grinder or zip bags.
            MES 30"
            A-Maze-N pellet smoker
            Weber 22" kettle
            E-Z-Que rotisserie
            Weber Smokey Joe
            Big Weber Gasser
            Cracker Smoker
            UDS

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
              I just dehydrated a small load of what was left from the garden... Habaneros and jalapeņos... both are going into the smoker and become Pop-Pop's chipotle...
              So Phil...You dry the peppers and then smoke them?...Cause I do it the other way around...
              Craig
              sigpic

Comment

I didn't put any smoke into mine on this batch. (1st time) I did learn the food processor can be hazardous to your health. The fine dust reminded me of my academy days when we had to be pepper sprayed. The magic bullet is where it's at though.

Comment

Working...
                X