lodge CI question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lodge CI question

so i recently bought the lodge 10.25" CI skillet. i am now looking at the 5qt lodge CI DO. i have seen two versions---one with the flat lid with the handle on top and one with a skillet lid. my question, will the flat lidded dutch oven lid work as a lid on my 10.25" skillet as well? seems like it should but i wanted to double check!
    -Modified Brinkmann Gourmet Charcoal Smoker
    -22.5" Blue Weber Gold w/ weber side table
    -18.5" '69 daisy wheel Weber redhead restored
    -Smokey Joe Silver x 2 --- one turned Mini WSM
    -Coleman road trip grill
    -Charbroil performance gasser
    -Maveric ET-732
    -CI: Le Creuset#23, Wagner#3, Wagner square skillet, lodge#8, wagner #9 griddle, griswold #9 slant griddle, griswold #10 block skillet, griswold #5 small, griswold #7 slant skillet w/ heat ring, griswold #8 block with self basting lid

I think it would work but if not you'd still get lots of use of out both the skillet and DO.
    Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
    Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
    1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
    Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
    Weber Smokey Joe
    Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
    Pink Thermapen
    Purple Thermapen

Comment

Go to a sporting goods store and play around with them til you find what you want. Gander Mountain, Bass Pro, Cabelas, most stores like that have them.

Comment

I will check out target. I believe they stock both the skillet and DO so I can see if it will work. Thanks.
        -Coleman road trip grill
        -Maveric ET-732
        -CI: Le Creuset#23, Wagner#3, Wagner square skillet, lodge#8, wagner #9 griddle, griswold #9 slant griddle, griswold #10 block skillet, griswold #5 small, griswold #7 slant skillet w/ heat ring, griswold #8 block with self basting lid

Comment

Got so many mixed/old cast iron...some mix/match...I try to keep em married up...have found that some of the clear pyrex lids from Louie's mess fit if I do stuff on the stove top...Sorry wish I could get ya better answer...
          Sunset Eagle Aviation
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Re:

Please tell us what you find out when you go to Target.

If you find one of these "spiders" for the Dutch Oven then you can put it
            in the fire and invert the lid of the "camp" DO over it and use the inside
            of the lid as a skillet. You'll only need to use a small shovel of coals
            with the spider and be off to the side of the main camp fire.

With this set up you can prepare a whole breakfast meal after first having baked biscuits in the same DO. Just wrap the biscuits up in towels after
            they are baked and then take the spider and lid to fry eggs, bacon, sausage etc. The bottom of the DO can be used to boil water for clean up as you cook breakfast and eat.

If you have a skillet you want to use then you can use the same spider.
            If you have a stove top DO and want to take it to the camp fire, then the spider will make it usable too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc1URQgQWNo

Comment

Originally posted by eDJ View Post
              If you find one of these "spiders" for the Dutch Oven then you can put it in the fire and invert the lid of the "camp" DO over it and use the inside of the lid as a skillet.
              Yep! Like this

Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
              Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
              1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
              Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
              Weber Smokey Joe
              Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
              Pink Thermapen
              Purple Thermapen

Comment

FYI, 5qt DO lodge lid with handle works perfectly on lodge #8(10.25") skillet as well as the #8 lodge 3" deep skillet :D

Forgot, I need a spider so I can use the standard DO(don't own a camp DO yet) over charcoal....
                -Coleman road trip grill
                -Maveric ET-732

Comment

Working...
                X