No announcement yet.

Yoder YS640 fixed...hair dryer is gone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yoder YS640 fixed...hair dryer is gone!

Over the last couple of weeks I had a few issues with my YS640. On occasion, it would not get up to the set temp, and the fan made a humming noise a time or two. The problem seemed to be getting worse, so I gave Yoder a call and left a message on Don's machine. In a few hours, Brian Funk returned my call and we did some trouble shooting together.
    Brian said he was going to ship me a new fan system, thermocouple and a udate to U26 on that day. (Monday) It all arrived on Wednesday and I got to work straight away. The first thing I noticed was the outside fan they sent to me as a replacement had a grey sticker/label on it...the original was blue.
    Upon getting everything put together and flicking the power on...NO HAIR DRYER NOISE!!!I may now resume my beer drinking on the porch without the sound associated with old women in hair curlers.
    Summary... blue sticker noisy, grey sticker quiet.

While I have not had the chance to actually run my grill yet, I am willing to bet the entire problem was the inside fan, as the fan blade had quite a bit of play/wobble to it.
    Mark

Homemade 22 year old "Pro-smoker"
    Yoder YS640
    Smoke daddy
    100% Lumberjack pellets

That's good news... I keep reading of the great customer service they give...
    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

you will like the new update! Mine has been doing great!
      Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
      Yoder YS640
      Weber Genesis
      Weber 18.5" Kettle
      Weber Performer
      Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

I really don't think it's much of an update, as I was using U24 firmware. It's the silence I happy about!I work all week, and at times I just want to do a little cooking and have a quiet beer or 12. It's my way evacuate my mind of stress and burdens...and just enjoy the things "I" enjoy. Getting rid of that damned hair dryer sound makes that much easier.

Yoder customer service is top notch. I have not paid 1 cent to bring my grill up to date...not even on postage.
        Mark

Homemade 22 year old "Pro-smoker"
        Yoder YS640
        Smoke daddy
        100% Lumberjack pellets

Comment

Working...
        X