First smoke went great

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First smoke went great

Well i got my first smoke under my belt sure over the years i have done a few on my grill they sucked. Did two on my brinkmen round grill/smoker. They kind sucked the sausge did not tastle like smoked sausge. I did 4 whole bone in chicken breast,5 whole leg quarters and 5 pounds of country ribs.

My goal was that i would love them me alone screw everyone else. My nieghbor smokes. So i took a leg quarter, a breast and some ribs. They loved them they were sitting down to eat new york strip steaks when i knocked. His wife said just give me a piece of chicken. My dad loved them and he does not care for smoked stuff. He said he thought the seemed fatty for ribs but they did not tastle like it. They where fatty infact they where just cheap fatty country ribs.

I did not get some pics after it was done and i went to get the cam everyone was already eatting it. But i am glad it worked out. I do not think i care for the apple that much when i go back to town tomorrow i am going to pick up some hickery or mesquite.
    So i think it went good guest it is time for me to clean up the smoker.
    My plan is a whole beef roast properly a chuck or sirlion not sure everyone said the sirlion would be to dry. So who knows which way i will lean.

Thanks alot guys and good smoking.

thtas great. glad ya enjoyed yer self.
    sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
    nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Sounds good. Glad you got it going and it went good...
      Custom Reverse Flow Smoker, WSM 22", Blackstone Griddle 36"

Comment

Sounds good to me. Now we just have to wait for Bubba!
        sigpic
        Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Yep. your biggest critic is YOU! But when other folks like it, its a bonus!
          Lang 84 Deluxe (sold it, broke my heart)
          Weber Performer
          Weber 22.5" OTG
          Weber Q Tabletop Gasser
          Bunch of Sausage Makin' Kit
          Big Azz BBQ Concession Trailer
          BBQ Food Truck

Comment

well i figured my dad would hate it but he did not. I figured worst thing i ate 20 or so pounds of naste meat. At first i thought the bradley was going back but it end good. Not one little proplem. I think with a open windo it could be done indoors. Just alittle smoke rolling out. Might try it sunday since i will not be indoors much
            Originally posted by Seboke View Post
            Yep. your biggest critic is YOU! But when other folks like it, its a bonus!

Comment

I'd re-think that inside plan...unless you already heat with wood... it WILL hang around, believe me. Even my garage will smell smoky for a week after if I leave the big door open and smoke in there right at the edge to avoid rain.
              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

i do heat with wood. I also love the smell. I will only do it if it is raining come sunday.
                Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                I'd re-think that inside plan...unless you already heat with wood... it WILL hang around, believe me. Even my garage will smell smoky for a week after if I leave the big door open and smoke in there right at the edge to avoid rain.

Comment

sounds like you had a great time with your first smoke

gotta tell ya i just cringe every time someone talks of smokin indoors or even the garage... to many many things that could go wrong if i did it... but then again murphy's law takes affect when i walk to my truck every morning
                  Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X