sunday smoke any ideas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sunday smoke any ideas.

Ok the virgin smoke on my new bradley went perfect worked get held the temp right. Glad i bought the digital modul. Sunday is my birthday/parents aniv. party. We are eatting at two ok. i want to do some babyback ribs. Plus a beef roast for pulled beef bbq. I am thinking a sirlion but everyone says it will dry out. SO maybe a chuck. If i go sirlion how long and at what temp will it need to be at to pull. Same question with the chuck.
    Also if i go pork for pulled pork what cut should i use. We have a sams i am hitting tomorrow so i will be able to get about anything
    Also any good rub ideas for the rubs or pulled whatever. What wood should i use. I did not think much of the apple might have been the bradley but i am leaning toward meqsuite or hickery for this one.

I would go with the chuck roast. They are usually well marbled and stay nice and moist throughout. Just use the rub you used on your ribs and yes, hickory is good for smoking beef. Good luck.
    sigpic
    Smoke Vault 24

Comment

thanks alot i like the setup i did for the ribs today seems i use it on everything. One thing that sucks is i forgot the lemon pepper on my chicken. I love lemon pepper chicken.
      Originally posted by Bassman View Post
      I would go with the chuck roast. They are usually well marbled and stay nice and moist throughout. Just use the rub you used on your ribs and yes, hickory is good for smoking beef. Good luck.

Comment

I'll second the chuckie. Take it to 200-ish and get some good, solid buns...

You using a mop?

Here's a simple one...third C each
        Bourbon
        cider vinegar
        water
        Tablespoon brown sugar
        Tablespoon Kosher salt
        Teaspoon onion powder

Enjoy!
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

no but i can get one real easy today.
          Originally posted by Richtee View Post
          I'll second the chuckie. Take it to 200-ish and get some good, solid buns...

You using a mop?

Here's a simple one...third C each
          Bourbon
          cider vinegar
          water
          Tablespoon brown sugar
          Tablespoon Kosher salt
          Teaspoon onion powder

Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
          X