pulled beef.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pulled beef.

ok my plan is some pork babybacks and some pulled beef for sundays party. The party is 2pmish. I will be cooking the meat that is on the propane grill aswell. I want some smoked babybacl hopefully tasting but bad enough no one wants them but me
    I wanted a sirlion but some of you recommend a chuck roast i think. SO a few questions. For each or what ever you recommend for pulled beef bbq.
    1. how long should i smoke it and what temp.
    2. What rub would you recommend. On my stuff today i did some granulated garlic itailian seasoning,and store bought steak seasoning. Should i go with it i am also thinking of some old bay maybe.
    3. what wood should i use i have apple but not sure i like it i am thinking about some hickory or mesquite.

Originally posted by bigtim665 View Post
    1. how long should i smoke it and what temp.
    Long enough for it to hit about 200°. Depends on the size and the meat itself. Allow 6-8 hours on a big cut...you can always cooler it for a couple hours if it's done early.
    2. What rub would you recommend. On my stuff today i did some granulated garlic itailian seasoning,and store bought steak seasoning. Should i go with it i am also thinking of some old bay maybe.
    I'd not go with Old Bay on beef. Poultry PERHAPS...but it's pretty seafood specific. Beef's easy tho...CBP, garlic, onion, Kosher, brown sugar in even quans. You CAN spiff it up with a bit of rosemary or thyme...or even a bit of cumin.

3. what wood should i use i have apple but not sure i like it i am thinking about some hickory or mesquite.
    Beef can handle either hickory or mesquite. I care not for mesquite, but that's just me. Pecan is also an excellent choice for beef.
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

^^^ What Rich said but try to keep your cooker somewhere between 225-250. I always figure 2 hours a pound and then I'm safe if they finish early. The cooler for resting works REALLY well. Chuckies sometimes are tough so the last few I've done I've taken them to 205 just to make sure they pull easy. As far as wood goes hickory is good, as well as cherry (my favorite). Mesquite works but be careful cause it is very strong. Just my.02 and good luck.

Dave

Comment

Working...
      X