Built me another smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Built me another smoker

I decided to build a plywood smokehouse to do my sausage and bacon in. I am using propane for heat and I lined the inside half way up and the bottom with stainless. I know some of you have plywood smokers and was wondering if you can run them hot enough to do ribs and butts without burning them down?
    sigpic

I'm guessing you can with the right set up ...... My wife's side of the family is notorious for having one burn down every couple of years.... One is caught on Thanksgiving video aboot 15 years ago.... Great commentary.... "Oh F%@k, the smoker's on fire" ...... That's the start
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the answer Fishawn, but man you seriously need to get rid of that pic at the bottom of your post!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Edster View Post
        Thanks for the answer Fishawn, but man you seriously need to get rid of that pic at the bottom of your post!

NEVER!!!!!

Huskies were born to hate Ducks
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post

NEVER!!!!!

Huskies were born to hate Ducks
          Didn't you mean the Hucking Fuskies?

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
          Paul

Comment

I agree and - Maybe we can take up a collection to convince him to get rid of that JPG. Ewww!
            Weber 22.5
            Lil Chief
            1950's Crosley Shelvadore
            Bradley Smoker
            Maverick ET732
            Nesco Dehydrator
            Thermapen "Blue Bayou"

Comment

I think that's an old pic of Rich after slammin a bottle of Captain Morgan spiked with some Ecstasy

Anyhoo, check rbranstner's propane wooden smoker build. I think he does everything in it.
              https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

[QUOTE=Meat Hunter;379728]I think that's an old pic of Rich after slammin a bottle of Captain Morgan spiked with some Ecstasy

If that is a pic of Rich I might have to quit buying the M.H.
                sigpic

Comment

Back on topic: I have a plywood smoker & I have done everything from 1/2 of a hog to thukeys, butts, fish, cheese & ribs. I think the outside temps come into play more with a plywood smoker as it is not insulated. I can keep mine at 250* but that is the highest temp I can do & keep it from burning down (did that once). I fire up my weber smokey joe with enough coals to get it to the temps that I think I willl need, depending on the meat that will be smoked, and I put it in the bottom of my smoker. It works well for me.
                  MES 30"
                  A-Maze-N pellet smoker
                  Weber 22" kettle
                  E-Z-Que rotisserie
                  Weber Smokey Joe
                  Big Weber Gasser
                  Cracker Smoker
                  UDS

Comment

Originally posted by L20A View Post
                    Back on topic: I have a plywood smoker & I have done everything from 1/2 of a hog to thukeys, butts, fish, cheese & ribs. I think the outside temps come into play more with a plywood smoker as it is not insulated. I can keep mine at 250* but that is the highest temp I can do & keep it from burning down (did that once). I fire up my weber smokey joe with enough coals to get it to the temps that I think I willl need, depending on the meat that will be smoked, and I put it in the bottom of my smoker. It works well for me.
                    Thanks, if I can go to around 230* I'll be happy..
                    sigpic

Comment

Seems like there is a certain Earnhardt fan that used to have a plywood smoker
                      Keith

Comment

Originally posted by Kingudaroad View Post
                        Seems like there is a certain Earnhardt fan that used to have a plywood smoker
                        sigpic

Certified Sausage Head

Comment

Working...
                        X