Gave it a go....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gave it a go....

Haven't made fresh bread since middle school in Home Economics. Decided to make my own after tossing out 2 moldy store bought loaves that no one would eat cause they tasted like crap as per them. House is smelling good again actually easy with the kitchen aid. First pic is after first rise, then second rise all done with a coat of egg whites, third fresh out of the oven.
    Attached Files
    God, Family and Friends is what it's all about. Great food just brings them all together... First John1:9...
    Weber Performer Gold
    Masterbuilt 26" twins
    Big Chief Electric smoker
    Brinkmann barrel smoker
    LEM sausage stuffer
    Cabela's pro HD grinder
    Maverick ET-732
    ThermoWorks Thermapen
    GrillGrates

Must be the day for it mr lopeZ, I made some bread rolls just out of the blue.
    Love the cour on that loaf, looks awsum
    sigpic

Mary had a little lamb her father shot it dead, now it goes to school with her between two lumps of bread

Comment

Thank you Sir, It was great with butter. The kids are gona love it... or at least I think so as I loved it and will be making more soon.
      Attached Files
      God, Family and Friends is what it's all about. Great food just brings them all together... First John1:9...
      Weber Performer Gold
      Masterbuilt 26" twins
      Brinkmann barrel smoker
      LEM sausage stuffer
      Cabela's pro HD grinder
      Maverick ET-732
      ThermoWorks Thermapen
      GrillGrates

Comment

Yep me to, I used my magimix and it saves a lot f time, was actually easy
        sigpic

Mary had a little lamb her father shot it dead, now it goes to school with her between two lumps of bread

Comment

Nice looking loaf. I guess you haven't forgotten how. I was going to make a batch of sourdough today but got sidetracked getting a couple of butts ready for the smoker and forgot to get the sourdough started last nigh.
          sigpic
          Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Nice! Any details on what went into your loaf? Looks great.. Might have to give that a run around the holiday... also want to try Cinn. Raisin Bread... We will see...
            Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
            Yoder YS640
            Weber Genesis
            Weber 18.5" Kettle
            Weber Performer
            Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Well where do I start, lol I actually looked up a video on line. Simple but good, it has 1 cup of hot tap water not microwaved or boiled. 1 tsp active yeast, 1/8 tsp salt, 3 Tbls sugar 3 cups bread flour ( I used all purpose baking flour ) and 1 1/2 Tbls of vegetable oil. Mix the water, salt, sugar, and yeast until dissolved. Add the flour and on top of that add the oil. Mix it in the kitchen aid with the bread mixer, once it starts climbing the sides and is not sticky to the touch its ready, add water or flour in very small amounts to get it moist but not sticky. Preheat your oven to the lowest setting then turn it off, set the loaf while in the mixing bowl covered with cling wrap into the warm oven for 1/2 an hour. Remove and kneed again, form your loaf folding the edges under so you have a smooth top and put it into a greased loaf pan, pack it down with your fist. tuck the edges with your fingers and set it back into the warm oven for a second rise for a 1/2 an hour uncovered. Coat the top with egg whites and bake in a 350* oven for 40 minutes, remove from pan and cool on a rack. It's that simple good luck.
              Last edited by BIGGLOPEZ; 11-18-2012, 01:21 PM.
              Weber Performer Gold
              Masterbuilt 26" twins
              Brinkmann barrel smoker
              LEM sausage stuffer
              Cabela's pro HD grinder
              Maverick ET-732
              ThermoWorks Thermapen
              GrillGrates

Comment

looks good....love the smell of fresh bread
                sigpic