Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strawberry Icecream with mini marshmallows

Start with the basic vanilla recipe from my pdf

This recipe is just for the flavour syrup :-)

Liquidise about 1/2 lb fresh strawberries and put in a large glass bowl.

Add a little vanilla extract and 3oz caster (fine) sugar, stir until roughly mixed and microwave on high for 3 mins (based on 900w oven)
    Keep an eye on it - if the bowl's too small it'll boil over and you'll need to transfer it to a larger bowl (yep that's me that is lol).
    Give it a stir and then cook for another 3 mins and check it for viscosity and hen finish up for 2 mins.
    Basically you're making a low sugar jam (jelly).

When ready it should be thick enough to hold a trail when you drag a spoon through it. Also homemade strawberry jam is dark brown, not store bought red :-)

Once the jam had cooled down a bit I decided to add a few mini marshmallows.

Then when it was room temp I added it to the base mix and thrashed it with the hand mixer and poured into a couple of small conatiners for quicker freezing :-)

The mix is delicious - another couple of hours and I'll let you know how good the icecream is :-)
    Attached Files
    Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
    Just call me 'One Grind'

There is no chance that it turns out bad.
    Keith

Comment

There is no chance that it turns out bad.
      You're not wrong.

Seriously good strawberry flavour and the usual ultra creamy consistency you get with this method :-)

And the best bit ?
      Only ingredients for flavour: fresh strawberries, natural vanilla extract, sugar.
      NO crap, no additives, no 'nature identical' flavours, no artificial colours.
      Oh yeah and it's low fat and cheap to make as well lol
      Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
      Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

CA that looks way to good!!!

Comment

num nums...very interesting..
          sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
          nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Working...
          X