Apple Pie Evershine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple Pie Evershine

I've been making this since I can't remember when.
    Now that I live in Kansas I make it more since Everclear is legal. When I lived in WA. State I would trade M80's to a buddy in South Dakota for Everclear when I couldn't find Moonshine.

This is delicious right away with a good bite. Let it rest a few weeks to 8 weeks and you wont taste the booze at all.
    You can reduce or increase the sugar to your taste. I started this recipe with 3 cups sugar and am down to 1/2 cups lately.

I call it Apple Pie Evershine because I tend to fall back to Everclear most of all since real "shine" is hard to come by and illegal
    I believe way back when and maybe in different parts of the world there is a version called Apple Jack. I think the Cinnamon makes it Apple Pie.

Apple Pie Evershine

1 gal Apple Cider
    1 gal Apple Juice
    2 cups white or brown sugar depending on your taste
    8 2 3/4" cinnamon sticks - the good ones that wont fall apart when boiled. I use these
    1 liter Everclear 190 proof or Moonshine
    1-2 tsp Vanilla (optional for Ala' mode)

Put the Apple Cider, sugar, and Cinnamon in a large pot and bring to a boil stirring to dissolve the sugar.
    Reduce to a simmer and reduce for 1/2 to 1 hour.

Remove from heat and stir in the Apple Juice. this help to cool the mixture before you add the alcohol.
    Some people boil and simmer the entire mixture for an hour then cool. It's up to you really. Try both and do what tastes good to you.
    You can also play with the sugar and cinnamon until you get a profile you like best.

After it's cool to lukewarm or colder add 1 liter of Everclear 190 or moonshine and stir.

Remove cinnamon and put up in mason jars and seal well. This can be drank right away but will have a sharp flavor and a alcohol bite. the longer it rests the more it mellows to the point of not having a nice mellow no booze taste at all.

I usually reduce for about an hour and the results are almost exactly 2 gallons of Apple Pie Evershine.

I like mine clear so I buy clear cider. This is also delicious made with "organic" Cider - the cloudy stuff.

For ala' mode add a teaspoon or two of vanilla when you add the booze.

When invited to get togethers and asked to bring something I always say "I'll bring the Apple Pie"

Enjoy

From my yet published "The Manbitch Cook Book, The ramblings of a back 40 housespouse"
    "Support bacteria, It's the only culture some people have"
    sigpic
    - Custom pit trailer
    - 30" MES
    - Coupla Bullets
    - LEM 3/4hp Grinder
    - 11lb Stuffer
    - Million pounds of spices
    - Meat Barn
    - Encouraging wife
    - Kids that love meat

Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

This stuff is good. My sister made it for us guys for my bachelor party. Most of us knew what it was and took it easy on the stuff. Had one buddy who never had it and ended up drinking the majority of it. Let's put it this way the night didn't end up so good for him we told him the next morning what was in it. What a fun night, I need to make a batch of this again
      sigpic

Comment

I hadn't made any of this since last year. Definitely something that one must "sip" rather than chug Wish I had some tonight in fact, a wee bit chilly here in MN today...
        https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

Just had some a few weeks ago. Tasted great and the women liked it too. Thanks for the recipe.
          sigpic

Comment

It certainly makes the womenfolk much easier to deal with...
            Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

Thanks for the recipe, I'll have to make some. I just finished cooking off a few gallons of shine yesterday. Shine is illegal??
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Edster View Post
                Thanks for the recipe, I'll have to make some. I just finished cooking off a few gallons of shine yesterday. Shine is illegal??
                Not where I hale from......if you need a QC inspector, I am up to the task.

Wife just whipped up batch of apple pie shots for an annual pub crawl tomorrow.

Comment

Once made does this require refrigeration? Not that it will last that long but just curious.

Comment

Thanks for the recipe! I had some last year for the first time and it was amazing.
                    WSM and UDS - iBQ'n BBQ Team co-founder TheBBQSuperstore.com

Comment

Thanks for recipe

Comment

ah..the not so good ol' days.
                        brink vertical charcoal(the carp)
                        18" old smokey charcoal grill/smoker
                        cast iron Hibachi
                        22" Kettle w/ "Smoke-EZ" styled riser extension
                        & rotisserator
                        12x7 wells cargo vending trailer(mods in progress)
                        stuffer,slicer & more carp than i can fit in it...
                        Marshall amps & various awesome guitars,drums,P.A.,etc.recording studio.....

Blues-N-Cues Concessions & Catering
                        http://blues-n-cuesbbq.com/
                        my music recordings-
                        http://www.reverbnation.com/rlcltd

Comment

Now are you talking about cider - the alcoholic apple drink.

Or 'cider' that only exists in america that is just some weird kind of non-alcohlic apple juice ?

Sounds pretty interesting either way
                          Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Refrigeration?
                            hmmm, I'm no expert but I don't refrigerate it I figure with all that alcohol and sugar it doesn't need it.
                            I was once told by a health inspector, when I had a restaurant, when I had a question about leaving a cake out he said "No respectable organism would be caught dead in all that sugar"
                            so, take it as it is. do what you think is right ;)

Cider...
                            Cider is Apple Cider, "Hard" Cider is heaven ;)
                            "Support bacteria, It's the only culture some people have"
                            sigpic
                            - Custom pit trailer
                            - 30" MES
                            - Coupla Bullets
                            - LEM 3/4hp Grinder
                            - 11lb Stuffer
                            - Million pounds of spices
                            - Meat Barn
                            - Encouraging wife
                            - Kids that love meat

Comment

Gimpy this is my recipe for it and Oh so goooood.
                              Thanks for the link on the cinnamon sticks. I gotta order some.

Ozarks Apple Pie

1 gallon Apple Cider
                              1/2 pint Everclear or Moonshine
                              1/2 pint Hot Damn 100(100 proof cinnamon schnapps)
                              1/2 pint Applejack(apple brandy)
                              4 oz. brandy
                              1 cup powdered sugar
                              1 tsp. cinnamon

Combine ingredients. Stir well to dissolve sugar. Best served at room temp. or barely warmed.

Be careful, it's sneaky!!
                              "Gunny"
                              Pitmaster/Co-Owner, Debbie's Que Shack
                              KCBS CBJ
                              26 inch Weber Kettle

Comment

Working...
                              X