Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Love Big Butts....

.....and I cannot lie.

I picked up a double pack of butts from Sam's. I need to grind one and some scraps I have for some sausage. And oh darn, I guess I have to smoke the other.

About 9 pounds. A mustard slather and basic rub. Funny, I never used to go through this much mustard.

I also threw on some bologna and Spam. Pulled chuckie yesterday....pulled pork today.....I may have to hire guards for the lunchpail this week. Woohoo.
    Attached Files
    S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
    CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
    New Braunfels Bandera
    UniFlame Gas Grill
    Lil Chief

It's all good, Ray! Just keep that smoker fired up.
    sigpic
    Smoke Vault 24

Comment

I always went thru alot of mustard...but now I'm looking into those 1 gallon commercial tubs :{) Nice big butt!
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

your lucky your 220 mi.away.hmm, mabie I can sneek in anyway,hmm
        2-22.5'' weber
        1-18'' weber
        1 smokey joe
        22.5'' wsm
        24'' smoke vault
        1-outhouse
        Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
        Smoked meathead #135

Comment

Originally posted by minnbill View Post
          your lucky your 220 mi.away.hmm, mabie I can sneek in anyway,hmm
          Hehe. Come on down, you got time. Went in about 9:00 AM. I'll save ya some.
          S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

GOSM Propane
          New Braunfels Bandera
          UniFlame Gas Grill
          Lil Chief

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRay View Post
            Pulled chuckie yesterday....pulled pork today.....I may have to hire guards for the lunchpail this week. Woohoo.
            So what is on the menu for tomorrow?? Looking forward to some pics when its done
            KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Originally posted by wutang View Post
              So what is on the menu for tomorrow?? Looking forward to some pics when its done
              Lots of leftovers.

Well it was late when it finished, so I foiled it and in the cooler. Got up early, pulled it and in the fridge. I vac'd it and froze it tonight. This weekend it will be put in the crock with a finishing sauce. Should be great.
              Attached Files
              S-M Misfit #16

GOSM Propane
              New Braunfels Bandera
              UniFlame Gas Grill
              Lil Chief

Comment

Sure looks and sounds great Ray.
                jeanie

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thanks Jeanie, and the Spam made a good snack while waiting for it to finish.
                  Attached Files
                  S-M Misfit #16

GOSM Propane
                  New Braunfels Bandera
                  UniFlame Gas Grill
                  Lil Chief

Comment

RR your big butt looks perfect pulled, nice smoke ring & very moist, I am with Sir R I think its better after a go in the freezer..
                    That bologna wrapped in bacon... OMG! I was chatting with my big bro about how you all get chubs of bologna and can smoke em, I have never seen a chub of bologna in my life at a store out here, its all sliced and packaged... he says however that is how the fire station gets them... I am hoping he hooks me up with one soon. Nice job!!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Funny, I never used to go through this much mustard.

I may have to hire guards for the lunchpail this week. Woohoo.[/QUOTE]

LOL..same here, I had to ask or so it seemed a lot of questions about musterd slather here before I used it.

and I have to hide stuff in the fridge if I want to have some later..the boy child is on to it as a find notes in the MT foil saying HA HA..
                      sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
                      nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

got to love sam's going to smoke a few smaller butts tomorrow next time i hit sam's i am going with a sirlion and a big butt. Thought about mixing some beef pork togather for some alsome bbq
                        Originally posted by RowdyRay View Post
                        .....and I cannot lie.

I picked up a double pack of butts from Sam's. I need to grind one and some scraps I have for some sausage. And oh darn, I guess I have to smoke the other.

About 9 pounds. A mustard slather and basic rub. Funny, I never used to go through this much mustard.

I also threw on some bologna and Spam. Pulled chuckie yesterday....pulled pork today.....I may have to hire guards for the lunchpail this week. Woohoo.

Comment

Originally posted by bigtim665 View Post
                          got to love sam's going to smoke a few smaller butts tomorrow next time i hit sam's i am going with a sirlion and a big butt. Thought about mixing some beef pork togather for some alsome bbq
                          Yep, Sam's is awesome. I pay like 15.00 per year through work. We butcher our own deer. We save 50.00- 60.00 just in meat every year now. We also get other supplies from them and save more. I get to spend less all year round.

Make that awesome mystery meat sammie. Let us know how it turns out.
                          S-M Misfit #16

GOSM Propane
                          New Braunfels Bandera
                          UniFlame Gas Grill
                          Lil Chief

Comment

Working...
                          X