My first paying gig....sort of.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first paying gig....sort of.

A friend of my wife is have a family reunion soon and has to provide a main course for dinner one night. So she asked me to hook her up with some pulled pork. I am not making a profit on the deal, just covering costs of meat, charcoal, etc. But is still the first time I have been "hired" to cook for someone else. Maybe with a little word of mouth I can start getting paid for having fun.

A few pork butts

Rubbed and ready to hit the UDS.

Here is a pic of one of them about to get foiled. The others look about the same so I only took one pic

And a big old pile of pulled pork

I will be vaccum sealing and freezing this and giving it to her this coming weekend with some reheating instructions. I also plan on giving her a batch of finishing sauce. I did eat one sandwich-for quality control purposes.
    KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Can anyone tell me how to get lick marks off of my screen.
    Chargriller Pro w. sfb
    Ducane 4100 propane grill
    Brinkman Electric

Member # 200

Comment

Looks great! I'll bet you poured the drippings back over that pile too. Congrats on the job.
      sigpic
      Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Rite fine lookin pile a pork buddy! It starts small an grows with a bit a work!
        sigpic

Comment

Nice Job .... I'd have to "test" the product myself!

Comment

That's a reunion I'd like to attend!

Comment

Nice job, congrats on the compliment and great pics as well
              Pete
              Large BGE
              Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Good thing is I SWEAR it gets better after a bit of time in the freezer. Well done!
                In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Very nice brother WU!

Like Tip said, start small,let the folks start to get the word around, next thing you know, mobile smoker, in the drive!

I got to do grad party smokes for the next 3 weekends in a row!
                  Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Nice PP Adam!
                    I am sure it tastes as good as it looks too, with that word of mouth you will be a very busy paid smoker soon!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Looks great brother wu, and congrats on the first gig... you are on your way!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

I would pay for that stuff

Originally posted by wutang View Post
                        A friend of my wife is have a family reunion soon and has to provide a main course for dinner one night. So she asked me to hook her up with some pulled pork. I am not making a profit on the deal, just covering costs of meat, charcoal, etc. But is still the first time I have been "hired" to cook for someone else. Maybe with a little word of mouth I can start getting paid for having fun.

A few pork butts

Rubbed and ready to hit the UDS.

Here is a pic of one of them about to get foiled. The others look about the same so I only took one pic

And a big old pile of pulled pork

I will be vaccum sealing and freezing this and giving it to her this coming weekend with some reheating instructions. I also plan on giving her a batch of finishing sauce. I did eat one sandwich-for quality control purposes.

Comment

after every one munches out on them there fine loooooking vittles, you will have folks asking to do events for them.I am sure. you just have to let them know that you are available for that.. maybe a little sign like Bubba has by the road. on a 8 x 12 foot piece of cardboard stateing will smoke for money..lol..
                          great job there..
                          sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
                          nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Working...
                          X