second smoke was a hit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• second smoke was a hit

My second smoke was a hit. We had our party sunday. I rottiseid 4 whole chickens. Smoked two and smoked two whole racks of pork ribs that i cut down to the tips and st louis style. Everyone loved them. I rubbed them with brown suger about even sizes of itailanm seasoning lemon pepper, garlic powder and some steak seasoning that had some paprika and so in it i also Everyone said they where so sweet and juicey. I sprayed them down with apple juice which know one had heard of. I had a few issues with the bradely. I had trouple getting it up to temp. I had three racks of ribs and two whole chicken in the 4 rack model so it might have been to much meat. But that was about what i had the first time for weight and it worked fine. I kicked it up to 300 degrees to get to 220 to 230. I end up pulling the ribs after 4 hours of smoking to get them to temp. Then with the two birds it got up to 270 so i kicked down back to 220 to 230. Throw the ribs on a open oak fire to bbq them with sweet baby ray's sauce. Took a whole 32 oz bottle and half another to get them done. I end up giving one of the chickens to my uncle and one to my sister's boyfriend. I love the bradley but plan on building one that i can use a wood fire with. If anyone has any plans that would be great.
    Sorry i did not get any pics the batterys were dead and everyone did not want to wait for me to drive 20 miles to get new ones

great as you carry on smoking and learnin, it gets a whole lot better. and the compliments pour in..
    1st ribs I ever did on the smoker (after studing on SM) I took out to the fire house wrapped in foil warmed them up for supper and served em to the guys and some other folks that were in the station.
    they all said it was by far the best ribs they had ever eaten, and this is a hard crew to cook for all they normally seem to do is look for the flaws and pounce on it. even had the big boo's on the base come up to me a tell me they heard I cooked some good ribs.

I felt very good about it and told them where I got my learnin from.
    sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
    nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Sounds real good. You really need to get your battery situation resolved.
      sigpic
      Smoke Vault 24

Comment

It does sound yummy... but where's Bubba?

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

I know they take these special batterys for some reason it is the only kind of AAs that work
          Originally posted by Bassman View Post
          Sounds real good. You really need to get your battery situation resolved.

Comment

Working...
          X