Reverse-Flow smoker like Uncle Honkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse-Flow smoker like Uncle Honkey

Hi guy I am wanting to build a Reverse-Flow smoker like Uncle Honkey's .I understand the basic principal of how it works but a few details .Like does the steel plate go all the way to the front to the back and how big of a opening at the left hand end is there ? If you guy could build any type of smoker what would you incorporate in to the design and why to make the ultimate smoker Thanks a lot and look forward to your response .

"Erin" Ryan's reverse flow is amazingly bad ass.. I am sure he will be on and give ya the tips he has for building one, he has added some cool extra stuff to her.

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Is there any pictures of it so I could see Thanks

Comment

Erin, go to youtube and type in Uncle Honky and you will see it on there.

Herb
        Chargriller Pro w. sfb
        Ducane 4100 propane grill
        Brinkman Electric

Member # 200

Comment

Welcome to S-M Brandon..

I found a few pics of the build on his photobucket account... I know he has more on the build...

http://s359.photobucket.com/albums/o...nky/?start=all

Also I found this on youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jhx7JjCelY
          Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by lynsey123 View Post
            Erin, go to youtube and type in Uncle Honky and you will see it on there.

Herb
            "Erin" is Uncle Honky's new green smoker! Thanks Ken for the links, duh I should have just posted them to begin with... blonde thing..

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Thanks for the info does anyone have any more info about how to build a reverse flow smoker

Comment

hey Brandon welcome to the forum! I'd be glad to answer any questions you have on the r.f smoker. As for the drain plate it will stop just short of the left side. I used 6 inches on the left side of mine. The drain plate should be welded in to the lower third of the tank with your tank integrated to the fire box by a few inches. Then the grates should be welded mid position/half way in the tank.Ken is right...I have documented every step of the building of Erin. PM me should you have any questions. I'll see if I can get you the album of the build if you haven't got it already. Happy smokes!!
                Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Hey Brandon here is the link to the building stages less afew beginning pics...lol Hope this helps.

http://s359.photobucket.com/albums/o...202/?start=all
                  Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                  Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X