Pepper fertilizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pepper fertilizer

Just wondering what or if anyone fertilizes ther peppers and if you do with what type of fertilizer??
    sigpicJack

Bradley Original
    Centro Electric Digital Smoker
    Walmart propane upright
    little chief electric
    7 in 1 masterbuilt
    7x7 wood/elec/propane in the works

I use chicken poop and some miracle grow for veggies.
    Pete
    Large BGE
    Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Originally posted by Abelman View Post
      I use chicken poop and some miracle grow for veggies.
      I would assume OLD chicken poop? Err? That stuff is hot as hell.
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
        I would assume OLD chicken poop? Err? That stuff is hot as hell.
        Yeah. I get old stuff from the nusery. It's $5 a bag and yes it is hot. Makes the peppers hot as well. At least that's what I was told from some Mexican pepper growers. It's worked for me and I keep using it. However, it does need to be watered in pretty quick or it will burn things much like burn marks from fertilizer on grass.
        Pete
        Large BGE
        Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

I just use Miracle Grow Shake n Feed. Work inprogress on Ken's shredded paper compost with some stuff added to it. Finally got the Squirrell's to quit eatin the Jap's. Called thinnin.........
          Sunset Eagle Aviation
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Dysartsmoker View Post
            Just wondering what or if anyone fertilizes ther peppers and if you do with what type of fertilizer??
            What the rest of them said works. But if you can find rabbit manure, it doesn't have to composted and you can't over do it.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
              What the rest of them said works. But if you can find rabbit manure, it doesn't have to composted and you can't over do it.
              Bingo... Poultry manure is hot and will burn plants if not used properly...Others manures ars safer but I myself dont use any manure at all. Well made compost will provide all your plants need.

However...Its a little late to make compost for this season.
              Try looking to www.gardensalive.com Use their tomatoes alive formula for peppers too.
              Craig
              sigpic

Comment

Coffee Grounds and rotted up Banana Peels

Comment

Sheep crap and miracle grow, seems to work
                  Custom Reverse Flow Smoker, WSM 22", Blackstone Griddle 36"

Comment

Also, Peppers need a bit more Magnesium. So I have for years applied around the base or drip edge of each plant 1 tsp. of Epsom Salt ( magnesium sulfate ). I did get this info from a rodale's organic gardening book that I have had for years.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinLee View Post
                      Also, Peppers need a bit more Magnesium. So I have for years applied around the base or drip edge of each plant 1 tsp. of Epsom Salt ( magnesium sulfate ). I did get this info from a rodale's organic gardening book that I have had for years.
                      I have had Lee's japs... in huge quantity. Excellent flavor, nice firm fruits... the secret is out!
                      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I am looking forward to this years crop. I am trying some anchos, anehiem, and super chili's along with japs of course. I do believe that you get a much more meatier or blocky pepper using this product, before I started using this, most all the peppers had thin walls. And the best part it's CHEAP.

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                        I have had Lee's japs... in huge quantity. Excellent flavor, nice firm fruits... the secret is out!

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinLee View Post
                          I'll be darned. Learn something new on here every day. I planted Japs for the first time this year. (You guys got me hooked on ABTs.) I do have some Epsom salt too. I'll have to give that a shot. Thanks Lee.
                          S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
                          CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
                          New Braunfels Bandera
                          UniFlame Gas Grill
                          Lil Chief

Comment

coffee grounds is what I use too
                            Terry here
                            Still have Christene

Comment

Thanks everyone not sure what I'm going to use yet but I will let you all know and post pics when I decide
                              sigpicJack

Bradley Original
                              Centro Electric Digital Smoker
                              Walmart propane upright
                              little chief electric
                              7 in 1 masterbuilt
                              7x7 wood/elec/propane in the works

Comment

Working...
                              X