Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alrighty Smoked-Meat....... Who's Cooking What Tonight & This Weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alrighty Smoked-Meat....... Who's Cooking What Tonight & This Weekend?

Got a shy 15# Brisket looking to hit some smoke & heat tomorrow, or Sunday, not quite sure yet. Got jalapenos dehydrated for more jalapeno salt, but might just stick to Natty's & Duck Dynasty

What Ya'll got planned
    sigpic

i scored on boneless butts today $1.59 a pound i am thinking of sacrifice one of those to the smoker gods

my second score was usda choice brisket for $3.29 a pound, that is looking like a monday sacrifice
    Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Smoked Turkey

I have a turkey prepared for tomorrow. Fresh turkey marked down to $0.89/ lb after Christmas. Put on an herb rub (powdered rosemary and thyme in Cider vinegar) and will smoke with some Jack Daniels oak barrel chips.

Hubby will monitor the smoker, and I'll have a nice bird to come home to tomorrow... Looking forward to it!

Made some Smoked Turkey broth with the leftover from the Christmas turkey -- what a great base for soups! Canned 4 quarts today, and have another 4 quarts in the fridge.

Comment

Kidlets Bday party tomorrow at a hotel(yeah, cuz its so much fun when you live in one 300 days a year...) so maybe Sunday I might fire up something for the Vikings/Cheesehead game... Be nice to put something on the new Weber roto...
        Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

I made 40 pork shank halves and they came out amazing. One thing I do is boil them a bit right before we serve them. They come out very tender and juicy.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishChef View Post
            Kidlets Bday party tomorrow at a hotel(yeah, cuz its so much fun when you live in one 300 days a year...) so maybe Sunday I might fire up something for the Vikings/Cheesehead game... Be nice to put something on the new Weber roto...
            Hotel life got ya down a bit ..... I know how it is being away from home & not being able to cook UGH! .... Thinking the Vikings/Packers game might be a pretty good one, at least the first half ...... You will LOVE the rotisserie & I'm guessing you will have some more ideas for us for things to put on it too Go Packers

Originally posted by mochosla View Post
            I made 40 pork shank halves and they came out amazing. One thing I do is boil them a bit right before we serve them. They come out very tender and juicy.
            Sounds interesting Care to tell us about your process Lot's of open minds around here
            sigpic

Comment

Part of me wants to find some construction fabric(wire mesh) and tumble some shrimps with a rigged up basket.... I might have to slip away from the par-tay for a bit and run to Menards.....

Comment

Originally posted by IrishChef View Post
                Part of me wants to find some construction fabric(wire mesh) and tumble some shrimps with a rigged up basket.... I might have to slip away from the par-tay for a bit and run to Menards.....
                ..... I like that idea ..... I would be Jonesing big thyme having one sitting at home just waiting to be spun .... PLUS, you get to build a cool basket for it, have some Busch Light(s) and a big chew ..... I would be faking some sort of illness tonight ..... Maybe some Mughangany Redd Shirmp
                sigpic

Comment

Going to start cureing a couple of veny roast's for dried snackage.Might try and find a belly for bacoon too
                  2-22.5'' weber
                  1-18'' weber
                  1 smokey joe
                  22.5'' wsm
                  24'' smoke vault
                  1-outhouse
                  Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
                  Smoked meathead #135

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                    ..... I like that idea ..... I would be Jonesing big thyme having one sitting at home just waiting to be spun .... PLUS, you get to build a cool basket for it, have some Busch Light(s) and a big chew ..... I would be faking some sort of illness tonight ..... Maybe some Mughangany Redd Shirmp
                    I hear the Mahangany Rhed won't be available til "this spring for sure"... But the basket spun shrimps are really stuck in my craw aboot now....

Comment

Inlaws are coming over, so I figger I'll make some spares. Or, I might get lucky and they stay home and I make em anyway!
                      New Braunfels Black Diamond
                      18.5" WSM
                      Weber Performer Deluxe Black
                      18.5 Weber Kettle
                      22.5 Weber Kettle
                      Maverick ET732
                      6, 8, 10 and 12' Lodge DO

Smoked Meat Misfits: "the change it had to come. We knew it all along. We were liberated from the fold, that's all" - The Who.

sigpic

Comment

You guys rock.... Come over for beers tomorrow
                        sigpic

Comment

Just inventing a new BBQ cut :p
                          sigpic

Mary had a little lamb her father shot it dead, now it goes to school with her between two lumps of bread

Comment

Originally posted by dales133 View Post
                            Just inventing a new BBQ cut :p
                            ....... I'm thinking you are gonna be -Happy -Happy -Happy with that one mate
                            sigpic

Comment

Hope so and the bonus is if its good they have them everyday for under 3 bucks a pound
                              sigpic

Mary had a little lamb her father shot it dead, now it goes to school with her between two lumps of bread

Comment

Working...
                              X