• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New double barrel build

Let me know if my pics come through, please
    Attached Files
    sigpic

One pic so far . I like where this is going.
    Weber Smoky Joe
    18" Weber Silver
    22.5" Weber Gold
    22.5" Weber Silver
    UDS X 2
    Masterbuilt 30" MES digital
    Masterbuilt MES 40" digital
    Masterbuilt cold smoke attachment
    Char-Broil Big Easy 3 in 1
    Char-Broil COS with Ron Fischer mods.
    Dual Char-Broil BBQ Bistros
    Blackstone three burner flat top
    5" AMZNPS
    Vortex x 2
    Maverick ET 73
    Maverick ET 732
    Maverick Pro Temp instant read thermometer
    Thermo Works Smoke Dual Channel Thermometer
    Pitmaster iQue 110
    sigpic

Comment

Another pic

Will send more pics...
      Attached Files
      sigpic

Comment

New double barrel build part 2

I posted a picture of my progress. Hope everyone can see it. I decided to go with 2 55 gal barrels and 4" sq. tubing for the chimneys and the chambers between the two barrels.
        I ran into a problem. One barrel was much thinner gauge than the other and since I am not a professional welder I had a hell of a time welding to it. I'm using a wire welder on low heat and it still burned right through every time I tried.
        Now I'm not a professional welder but I am a professional Jerry-rigger. Lets just say it will still work!!
        I thought about buying the barrel stove kit from vogelzgang but I wanted to fab everything myself. In hindsight I wish I would have bought it it would have saved me a ton of cussing and a lot of time!!
        Anyone out there thinking about building one of these double barrel smokers and you have questions give me a holler I will be glad to tell you what I would have done different.
        I hope to be completely finished with this beast in a few days. I will post more pics.
        Thanks from a brother smoker
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Trav8300 View Post
          Will send more pics...
          Ahhh OK. Have seen those a couple times, cool. Hmm is there someone here that runs one folks? Seems to me... hmmm..

Anyway, I turned your pict right side up for ya Trav
          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

cant wait to see this finish!!
            Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
            Yoder YS640
            Weber Genesis
            Weber 18.5" Kettle
            Weber Performer
            Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Ahhh.. Building a Big Baby Smoker Eh?? Kewl.! Looking forward to seeing the progress..
              Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

nice.
                one of these days....
                brink vertical charcoal(the carp)
                18" old smokey charcoal grill/smoker
                cast iron Hibachi
                22" Kettle w/ "Smoke-EZ" styled riser extension
                & rotisserator
                12x7 wells cargo vending trailer(mods in progress)
                stuffer,slicer & more carp than i can fit in it...
                Marshall amps & various awesome guitars,drums,P.A.,etc.recording studio.....

Blues-N-Cues Concessions & Catering
                http://blues-n-cuesbbq.com/
                my music recordings-
                http://www.reverbnation.com/rlcltd

Comment

I built one lat year, use it as much as possible. I can weld, but opted for the stove kit plus a few extra parts. If I could remember how to post a pic., I would. http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/sho...61&postcount=7
                  A different kind of "special"

Comment

I posted a picture of my progress. Hope everyone can see it. I decided to go with 2 55 gal barrels and 4" sq. tubing for the chimneys and the chambers between the two barrels.
                    I ran into a problem. One barrel was much thinner gauge than the other and since I am not a professional welder I had a hell of a time welding to it. I'm using a wire welder on low heat and it still burned right through every time I tried.
                    Now I'm not a professional welder but I am a professional Jerry-rigger. Lets just say it will still work!!
                    I thought about buying the barrel stove kit from vogelzgang but I wanted to fab everything myself. In hindsight I wish I would have bought it it would have saved me a ton of cussing and a lot of time!!
                    Anyone out there thinking about building one of these double barrel smokers and you have questions give me a holler I will be glad to tell you what I would have done different.
                    I hope to be completely finished with this beast in a few days. I will post more pics.
                    Thanks from a brother smoker
                    If you can get a heavy chunk of metal clamped to the back of the seam you are welding, it acts like a heat sink, and will cut down on the burn through..... Good luck!
                    Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

I'm using a wire welder on low heat and it still burned right through every time I tried.

What diameter wire you using? .035 is the norm. Try switchin to .023. Should have no problem at all welding thin gauge with that.
                      https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

Working...
                      X