Saturday Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday Ribs

this is my third time trying to do ribs. the first two atempts were butt ugly train wrecks.

As i was shopping this morning these caught my eye

The price seemed right

feeble atempt at triming i am sure this will get better, rubbed and ready to roll

Did 2-1-1 cherry wood smoke and apple cider splash along the way

Ready to plate, really who needs a plate

Thanks for taking the time and sharing my day
    God Bless
    Last edited by crusty ol salt; 06-13-2009, 09:08 PM.
    Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Looks very very good. I love ribs.

Tom

Comment

Marcus,
      They look good, how did they taste? The pull back looks good, the smoke ring, it looks like a success to me! I have train wrecks with ribs every other time I do them! so Kudos to you!! Well done!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Good looking ribs. And your right-who needs a plate? I would just grab and handful of those.
        KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

tasted great, just did another cutting broard drive by and i am off to finish watching the busch race. you can take that either way you want too

God Bless

sigpic

Comment

Outstanding!

Comment

Looks Real good to me.

The nice thing about the Smithsfield, I think, is they are not enhanced with up to 12% of a solutiion ...well you know...
              Craig
              sigpic

Comment

Well first of all..not a bad trim a'tall. And the finished product looks worthy to me. We are our own toughest critics... what did the others say?
                In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Them ribs look swell. Nicely done.

I couldn't help but notice the label/s LOL 3 labels over each other always catches my eye. I do want to point oit that there is no way that those ribs could have been good on sept 20th if they had not been frozen way before then, especially when the original expiration date was June 26th.
                  Not sure where you got these ribs,but I would be watchfull of future purchases.
                  Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Good looking ribs and for 1.27 I woulda cleaned em out
                    2-22.5'' weber
                    1-18'' weber
                    1 smokey joe
                    22.5'' wsm
                    24'' smoke vault
                    1-outhouse
                    Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
                    Smoked meathead #135

Comment

The label story, actually there are two label there the first on is one of those peel in half deals, with the cooking directions on the inside that has split apart it has a sell buy date of 6/26/09 on it.

the story behind the second label is that the display pricing did not match the pricing on the cryopac. the display price said was 1.98 now 1.27, the first price tag said 2.44, i rang the bell at the meat counter, the door was answered by a fine young man who helped me. however you could see it in his eyes the look of a fine young wondering why he was stocking meats cases @ 0730 on a saturday morning.

So he went in the back and put me on 1.27, a 2.17 cent discount, i was smoking them yesterday and didnt even notice the date until i took the pic.

i would have cleaning them out but i am the only one who eats ribs in the house and with my track record of two previous train wreck ribs i figured i need more practice before i had a shlf full in the freezer

God bless everyone on this wonderful sunday morning

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crusty ol salt View Post
                        The label story, actually there are two label there the first on is one of those peel in half deals, with the cooking directions on the inside that has split apart it has a sell buy date of 6/26/09 on it.

the story behind the second label is that the display pricing did not match the pricing on the cryopac. the display price said was 1.98 now 1.27, the first price tag said 2.44, i rang the bell at the meat counter, the door was answered by a fine young man who helped me. however you could see it in his eyes the look of a fine young wondering why he was stocking meats cases @ 0730 on a saturday morning.

So he went in the back and put me on 1.27, a 2.17 cent discount, i was smoking them yesterday and didnt even notice the date until i took the pic.

God bless everyone on this wonderful sunday morning
                        That explains it then.

Bless you too COS, tis a fine lookin mornin here too. gonna get lotsa outside stuff done today!
                        Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Dem racks o ribs look mighty fine!
                          Sunset Eagle Aviation
                          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by crusty ol salt View Post
                            Did 2-1-1 cherry wood smoke and apple cider splash along the way
                            Fruit wood is my favorite for ribs, and I like apple and cherry the best.

Good Job !!!!
                            Ron

Weber Smokey Mountain
                            GOSM x 2
                            Vermont Casting Grill
                            Black Thermapen (only color available in these parts)

Comment

Those ribs look great!! Sounds like they tasted just as good as they looked.
                              www.nopigleftbehind.com
                              -----------------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X