Lambwich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lambwich

I had been craving lamb all week for some reason and knew exactly what I wanted. A lamb sandwich done cheesesteak style.....or a lambwich as I call it at home. I had several boneless legs that I stocked up on when I found them for $2.99/lb a while back, so threw it in the fridge to thaw during the week. This one was just a bit over 4 lbs.

Saturday finally got here and I unwrapped and trimmed it up a bit more.

Gave it a rub down with EVOO and a simple rub of K. Salt, CBP, garlic powder, ground rosemary, and thyme. Tied it up and gave it a rest in the fridge for a couple of hours.

Into the smoker with hickory wood for the smoke and let it go until it hit 140 IT.

Cooled it down and wrapped it back up and put in the fridge over night to let it firm up a bit for it's date with the Hobart. Sunday morning, ran it through the slicer.

Sliced some onion and threw in the CI with some EVOO and butter until they softened up and got a bit of color.

Normally I would just dump the lamb in with the onions towards the end, but not everyone in the house wants the onions on there. So, a serving of lamb into the pan to brown up a bit.

Toasted some bread at the meat was browning then loaded it up.

Just needed the cheese now. Planned on provolone for this, but since the green spots outnumbered the white spots, went with some white american and then threw baby swiss on top of that and in the oven to melt it a bit.

Sliced and dug in.

Good eating. Think I just might have to hit the store for some provolone on the way home tonight and have a repeat.

Thanks for lookin'.
    FBJ

WSM
    Med. Spicewine
    Stumps GF223
    KCBS/NEBS Member
    KCBS CBJ

That is a great looking sammy right there! Nice job!
    Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
    Yoder YS640
    Weber Genesis
    Weber 18.5" Kettle
    Weber Performer
    Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Looks great Might have gone for the green spots - added flavor
      sigpic

The New Braunfels Black Diamond smoker
      Assorted other meat burners/smokers

Comment

Oh heck yea!!!! That looks awesome!!!!!
        Propane Smoke Shack
        UDS
        Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain
        sigpic

Comment

OK Joe... I gotta hand out some for making me drool... excellent looking sammy!
          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

WOWSA,thats my kinda sammie, to ya wish I was eating at your house
            sigpicbrinkman pitmaster deluxe
            members mark upright propane smoker
            kingsford bbq
            23"weber kettle

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
              OK Joe... I gotta hand out some for making me drool... excellent looking sammy!
              gotta second that........great idea and nice job on pulling while still pink!
              sigpic
              it's all good my friend..........

Comment

That looks awesome! I do something similar except I use feta cheese, and add some tsiziki sauce.

Comment

Killer looking sammich..... Wonder if McDonald's is gonna come oot with a Lambwhich
                  sigpic

Comment

I'll hit ya with some for that bad boy, FJ!!

Haven't ever smoked lamb...wondering why after licking the screen after this post!

Awesome cheese steak style ya got going on there.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                      Killer looking sammich..... Wonder if McDonald's is gonna come oot with a Lambwhich
                      They got the lam burger here lol but it's just as shithouse as the rest of there burgers.
                      Awsum looking sanga mate, love me some lamb and cheese toasted

Beamed up by Scotty
                      sigpic

Mary had a little lamb her father shot it dead, now it goes to school with her between two lumps of bread

Comment

Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

fantastic looking sandwich!!
                          Weber Performer, 26" Weber grill, 18" WSM, UDS, Santa Maria Grill

Comment

That looks like a sammich to die for Joe! Love some lamb as a change of pace. Thks for sharing!!! for something a lil different.
                            Charbroil SFB
                            GOSM
                            MES
                            Dutch Ovens and other CI
                            Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                            Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gmotoman View Post
                              That looks awesome! I do something similar except I use feta cheese, and add some tsiziki sauce.
                              Yeah, my wife is a big fan of the sauce. Occassionally she will knock out some homemade pitas as well, pretty good, but this is my favorite with lamb.
                              FBJ

WSM
                              Med. Spicewine
                              Stumps GF223
                              KCBS/NEBS Member
                              KCBS CBJ

Comment

Working...
                              X