Motherload bread thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motherload bread thread?

We have some fantastic bread cooks on here & I really enjoy looking at there fine works of art. I have never made bread from scratch, with the exception of using a bread machine, which I gave away years ago. I wanna get back into making some, as:

1) I enjoy most cooking (inside or out)
    2) We often serve it as a side with dinner/supper
    3) Hate going to the store for just bread, or burger/hot dog buns
    4) Really hate going to the store
    5) Like to make stuff myself

Would love to see a thread that has recipes that you guys/gals use & would like to try some of them. Anything really, rolls, buns, breads, etc....

If you get a chance, I (and I'm sure a lot of others) would appreciate it to have a reference thread to check out in the future. I could Google it, but that would not be as good as having stuff that y'all have developed or used
    sigpic

http://foodsoftheworld.activeboards....topic3089.html
    Fundamentals matter.

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
    Die Wahrheit wird euch frei machen

Foods of the World Forums - From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, it's all good

BaitShopBoyz.com - Shoot the bull with the boyZ

Comment

yanno.....i use a standard formula and then tweek it for my needs......like pizza, loaf, etc.
      here is a basic fr me"
      2 C. bread flour
      3/4 C.water (90-100 deg)
      1 T. sugar
      1 T. yeast
      1 T. olive oil or butter
      pinch of salt
      sigpic
      it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Fish Cat Daddy! Think you need to get a Sourdough starter jacked up with Bassman or Gunny...I knowed once you become a bread jack man...game on!
        Sunset Eagle Aviation
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Hey Fish,

You have gotta try these Cinnamon rolls...a bit of work (like most bread), but you won't be disappointed.
          BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
          Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
          I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

I've got a sourdough that I've been keeping alive for aboot 10 years. It's like a baby to me. I feed it, hug it, squeeze it, and call it George. I absolutely love baking bread. There's just something sexy aboot bread baking. Back in October I baked over 10 dozen different types of rolls as well as mini slider buns (not my recipe, but damn good). Here's some pics to get ya drooling. I am one of those bakers that starts oot with the basics and tweak it, like Rob said. I'll post any recipe that you might be interested in and if you want some of me sourdough starter lemme know. Hugs my brutha!!!!!

slider buns in action:

Comment

Ootstanding! ...... What is the key to getting that "perfect" looking golden brown? ...... Is it knowing your oven & adjusting the temp to be just perfect? ..... That, and keeping a close watch on them

Thanks for all the input folks.... This morning Erain emailed me about 6 different recipes also. Thank You E
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
                I've got a sourdough that I've been keeping alive for aboot 10 years. It's like a baby to me. I feed it, hug it, squeeze it, and call it George. I absolutely love baking bread. There's just something sexy aboot bread baking. Back in October I baked over 10 dozen
                OK,... Screw the UPS gig... I getting a job as a sourdough bread delivery man...
                Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
                  I've got a sourdough that I've been keeping alive for aboot 10 years. It's like a baby to me. I feed it, hug it, squeeze it, and call it George. I absolutely love baking bread. There's just something sexy aboot bread baking. Back in October I baked over 10 dozen different types of rolls as well as mini slider buns (not my recipe, but damn good). Here's some pics to get ya drooling. I am one of those bakers that starts oot with the basics and tweak it, like Rob said. I'll post any recipe that you might be interested in and if you want some of me sourdough starter lemme know. Hugs my brutha!!!!!
                  I would love to get a hold of some sourdough starter, with some loving touches of how to take care of it. Will it ship?? PM me if this is possible.
                  Arizona Deano
                  "Illegitimas Non-Carborundum!"

"Life is tough. Its tougher when you're stupid."
                  John Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                    Ootstanding! ...... What is the key to getting that "perfect" looking golden brown? ...... Is it knowing your oven & adjusting the temp to be just perfect? ..... That, and keeping a close watch on them
                    I think it's eggwash....and the above.
                    I gots a couple I'll send ya tomorrow.
                    Mark
                    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

beautiful stuff, squirrel!

dean - you can make your own easily:

http://foodsoftheworld.activeboards...._topic504.html

OR....

you can click here:

http://carlsfriends.net/

and get some free sourdough starter that can be traced back to the oregon trail days....
                      Fundamentals matter.

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
                      Die Wahrheit wird euch frei machen

Foods of the World Forums - From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, it's all good

BaitShopBoyz.com - Shoot the bull with the boyZ

Comment

Originally posted by smokerdean View Post
                        I would love to get a hold of some sourdough starter, with some loving touches of how to take care of it. Will it ship?? PM me if this is possible.
                        Okay, Squirrel, now that the sourdough is taken care of, I am really looking for a recipe for great buns for pulled pork. Everything I look at in the stores just makes me want to cry.....bad! Anybody can respond with recipes for baking my own buns. I want to expand sidewise from smoking to the support foods.
                        Arizona Deano
                        "Illegitimas Non-Carborundum!"

"Life is tough. Its tougher when you're stupid."
                        John Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by smokerdean View Post
                          I want to expand sidewise from smoking to the support foods.
                          Me too Dean...... Good comment.... Til you figure oot what you want, that Hawaiian brand now makes burger buns & I think slider buns..... They are really soft & chewy & good & expensive & good.... ..... Great PP slider buns
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X