Sold the pellet smoker/grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sold the pellet smoker/grill

I sold my pellet smoker. I just did not get it. Little to no smoke flavor with a pellet grill. Going back to a NG Webber Summit, much less to deal with, same results.

IMHO Rich
    Last edited by burgy; 01-27-2013, 08:16 AM.

Sorry to read the Yoder did not work out for you..

Never used a pellet smoker or have had any meats from one so I cannot give an opinion on how much or little smoke flavor they apply to the meat..

I guess that's why I use a offset Okie Joe.. I can control the amount of wood to get the smoke flavor I like in certain meats..
    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

I keep thinking I want one. I also keep thinking I want to pay my dues my controlling my own fire. To me its about half the challenge. Maybe I don't know what I'm missing.
      New Braunfels Black Diamond
      18.5" WSM
      Weber Performer Deluxe Black
      18.5 Weber Kettle
      22.5 Weber Kettle
      Maverick ET732
      6, 8, 10 and 12' Lodge DO

Smoked Meat Misfits: "the change it had to come. We knew it all along. We were liberated from the fold, that's all" - The Who.

sigpic

Comment

That's kinda odd... Huh. Well, whatever you are comfortable with...use!
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by MrZip66 View Post
          I keep thinking I want one. I also keep thinking I want to pay my dues my controlling my own fire. To me its about half the challenge. Maybe I don't know what I'm missing.
          Yea, I'm conflicted too I hear the A-maze-n pellet smoker is a good way to add addition smoke/flavor , if needed
          sigpic

The New Braunfels Black Diamond smoker
          Assorted other meat burners/smokers

Comment

Pellets units are not for everyone. I had a Yoder and did not work for me but alot of people are happy with them. I have never found a lack of smoke when you use the Amazen tube with any pellet unit. Hope you find what you Like. I am going tomorrow to look at a Ole Hickory CTO and see what they are about
            KCBS Competition team Bill-B-Que-Minnesota
            KCBS-CBJ
            Cookshack FEC120
            Yoder Kingman/Comp Cart
            Weber Performer
            Weber Smokey Mountain
            Rocks Stoker WIFI
            ThermoWorks Pro BBQ Kit
            ThermoWorks Thermapen Orange

http://www.yodersmokers.com/

www.amazenproducts.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bill-...8578881?ref=hl

I have a FaceBook page for our BBQ team Bill-B-Que
            Please like the page if you would like so you may keep up with what we are doing

Comment

Hey that is fine. to each their own! Some like heavy smoke some like a mild smoke. Pellets do not give the creosote taste you can sometimes get with wood burners if you are not careful sometimes this is what people are used to. Not saying you are but just what others have said and from my experiences... I do find if I am doing large hunks of meat that I like the added smoke from my tube on my pellet smoker! hope you keep on posting though... we like all kinds of smoked meat no matter where they come from!!
              Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
              Yoder YS640
              Weber Genesis
              Weber 18.5" Kettle
              Weber Performer
              Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

I had written a thoughtful and constructive response, but deleted it. No matter how someone chimes in, it will probably anger some other member and start a this is the best way type of argument. There are a lot of different ways to get to the same destination, without indicting someone elses method. Smoke on Brother.
                BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Each to their own
                  Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                  Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Never had a problem with lack of smoke ring or smoke flavor from me Traeger. Whatever though, if you prefer a stick burner, then by all means that's your perogative.
                    Don

Humphrey's Pint
                    Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5"
                    Weber Performer (Black Top, Stainless Steel Table Edition circa 2005)
                    Blackstone Professional Series 36" Griddle
                    Weber Spirit SP-310 Gas Grill
                    Anova One Sous Vide
                    AMPS
                    Purple Thermapen
                    Maverick ET-733
                    DigIQ DX2
                    Misfit #1674

sigpic

Comment

I like my Traeger and I also have a 12" tube for cold smoking in it.

Comment

Interesting indeed....
                        A friend of mine at work had a Treager...Upgraded to the Yoder...
                        He went straight to the source....The guy that builds the Yoder grills and said why cant I get the smoke flavor from my pellet grill that my bud gets from his stick burner....Was told that it has to do with the amount of wood burnt during a given cook........(no shit).........

That said...In me stick burners I always try to keepa live fire burning...No smoldering...NO CREOSOTE...clean smoke flavor....

But sometimes I do wish I had a cooker that tended itself....
                        Craig
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
                          I had written a thoughtful and constructive response, but deleted it. No matter how someone chimes in, it will probably anger some other member and start a this is the best way type of argument. There are a lot of different ways to get to the same destination, without indicting someone elses method. Smoke on Brother.
                          I own a Pellet and a Stick burner. Love them both! Sometimes I want to poke the fire and others I'd rather spend more time in here and "Poke da Bear".

Rich how are them Green Beans?
                          Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
                          Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
                          SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
                          Yoder Wichita
                          Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
                          Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
                          Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

Comment

Originally posted by Wingman View Post
                            Sometimes I want to poke the fire and others I'd rather spend more time in here and "Poke da Bear".

Rich how are them Green Beans?
                            Think I'm gonna try dusting in Hot Ass Whang! and frying up with some chopped bacon :{) When the sample comes anyway...;{)
                            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Rich deep fry the beans in breading and then toss is buffalo wing sauce

Comment

Working...
                              X