Pig Candy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pig Candy

Curiousity was killing me. I had to try this.

I covered a couple of racks with tinfoil. The non-stick stuff. (It'll stick anyway as it cools.) Poked some holes for fat drainage. The first rack I used brown sugar and magic dust.

Fired up the GOSM with some hickory. About 300 degrees. All done.

The second rack, I used brown sugar and cayenne. When they start getting close keep an eye on them. These got a little more done than I'd like. Got distracted taking some sunset pics. Oh well, they won't go to waste. all done.

These are really fantastic. May have to make some at the gathering.
    S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
    CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
    New Braunfels Bandera
    UniFlame Gas Grill
    Lil Chief

Thank you RR!!!
    We were missing a pig candy post on here, got some bacon on sale to whip some up myself! You beat me to it! They sure look darn yummy! Im gonna do this for Cabana Boy's breakfast club on Wed morning!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

I've seen it before and then you brought it up. I just had to try it. Man is that good. This a must do again treat. Thanks for the points,
      S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

GOSM Propane
      New Braunfels Bandera
      UniFlame Gas Grill
      Lil Chief

Comment

Nothing better than bacon candy, except BAKON VODKA! Can you imagine a bakon vodka bloody mary? I think they could get rid of a hangover.

http://www.drinkupny.com/Bakon_Vodka_p/s0825.htm
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BUTCHER BOY View Post
          Nothing better than bacon candy, except BAKON VODKA! Can you imagine a bakon vodka bloody mary? I think they could get rid of a hangover.

I'll be damn... Never would have thunk it... I need to see if they have that here in the DFW area...
          Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Great job on the Pig Candy Ray.... Points for taking the time buddy!!
            Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by BUTCHER BOY View Post

I saw that somewhere along the line. Sounds interesting, but the only thing it would really work in is a bloody. Can't see it tasting good with a coke or orange juice. Lol.
              S-M Misfit #16

GOSM Propane
              New Braunfels Bandera
              UniFlame Gas Grill
              Lil Chief

Comment

Holy crap, bacon vodka?? Wow that is gonna make a fabulous Mary!

Comment

bacon vodka ?
                  dunno. I'm a pure vodka fan and tend to look on things like vanilla vodka as a cocktail :-)
                  Good vodka needs to be at least 50% alcohol and drunk neat from the freezer :-)

Still bacon vodka might be good for use in a marinade :-)
                  Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                  Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

When you make pig candy, do you use the thick cut or regular cut of bacon?
                    www.nopigleftbehind.com
                    -----------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by gooose53 View Post
                      When you make pig candy, do you use the thick cut or regular cut of bacon?
                      I use regular, and it seems from RR pix that is regular cut as well, I don't think it would matter tho... just take a bit longer with the thick cut..

Comment

I just used the regular cut. May try it with the thick too.

I didn't measure anything. Watch how much cayenne you add to the brown sugar. I probably couldn't have fed this to the grandson. Had a nice kick. Skip that for the kids. The magic dust batch was really good.

It did have a great smoke flavor to it though. Something the oven wouldn't add. I'll keep working on it. Hopefully get it perfected. The gathering may develop some new ideas. Or not.

It was way better than I thought it would be. Give it a try.
                        S-M Misfit #16

GOSM Propane
                        New Braunfels Bandera
                        UniFlame Gas Grill
                        Lil Chief

Comment

That is some yummy looking stuff ... I've got a slab of thick cut bacon in the fridge that's waiting on being made into something!!! These pics may hurry me to a decision.

Lang 48 Patio | Brinkmann gourmet charcoal water smoker
                          Yellow Thermapen | Maverick ET-73 | Maverick ET-72
                          sigpic

Comment

That looks great. Gonna have to try that. Thanks for sharing.
                            sigpic

Comment

Everything I had read previous to this was done in the oven. It would be cool to perfect this in the smoker.

I started with uncooked bacon. Sugar burns easily and the foil on the racks didn't help. Pre-cooking it would have prevented some of that. Next time I'll fry, bake or grill about half way first. Then put it into the smoker.

Wanted to do this at the gathering and get their input. I'll be working on it some more. Try it and post you results or suggestions. It's really good.
                              S-M Misfit #16

GOSM Propane
                              New Braunfels Bandera
                              UniFlame Gas Grill
                              Lil Chief

Comment

Working...
                              X