Smoked Flat Iron and then some Sammies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoked Flat Iron and then some Sammies

Well, as you may know, I love Flat Irons. I have always grilled them. This time, I accidentially smoked one. I was working on a mod and in the experiment stage so temps weren't getting hot enough to grill and time was running out. It has been a very bad week and this was a continuation. I figured I could bail and go to the gasser but figured, what the heck. So, I went with it.

I marinaded this in a Carribean Jerk Sauce from the store. It's really more sweet than anything else but it's very good. I did this at 265 and took it to an internal of 135 and then into foil for a bit of a rest.

Sliced:

We had leftovers so I figured some sammies were in order tonight. I sauteed some bell pepper, mushrooms, and onion. I added in some othe spices to boot. I also did some diced jalapenos in another pan so we could keep them seperate for the kids:

I used french bread rolls which I should have toasted in hindsight. I put Swiss cheese and the meat in first:

Then, I added the veggies and some parmesian cheese as well:

Turned out pretty darn good.

Lastly, I haven't been around lately as I said I would be. Fact of the matter is I lost my Mother last Wednesday. She went in for a 3rd surgery to repair the original back surgery the day after I got back from a trip. She spent 7 days in ICU and complications set in. She's in a better place now and not feeling any pain. Probably not the best way to post my personal issues but you're all good folks and I needed to tell this. No response is needed as I know you're all quality people. We're all good and in the process of trying to get back to a sense of normalcy. So, I needed to do some smoking and if I do, I figure why not a post.
    Pete
    Large BGE
    Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Sorry to hear about your mom. I will be thinking about ya.

Great looking sammiches by the way.
    KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

thanks for sharing Pete, we are all family here and concerned about others... my condolences to you and your family as well as all who knew yor mother. she will be included in my prayers and thoughts!!!

awesome looking flatiron too, great lookin sammies man

thanks for sharing all bud, we are here if needed!!!
      Charbroil SFB
      GOSM
      MES
      Dutch Ovens and other CI
      Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
      Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Sorry about your loss Abel. Prayers for you and your family.
        Custom Reverse Flow Smoker, WSM 22", Blackstone Griddle 36"

Comment

Oh Pete,
          So sorry to hear about your mum. Man, I am at a loss of words. You and your family are in our prayers. We are like a family here, we are here fo you Pete, whatever ya need.
          Smoking meat does something for the soul, glad you got to get your smoke on, the flat iron looks great. I wish they were readily available around here.
          You hang in there Pete.

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

those flat irons are boss arn't they? all the food looks great..from prep to boca.
            have to lob some points at ya for that sharin of the feast..

Your Mother..how sad. but yes, in a better place with out the pain.
            Take care my friend. I know an ole marine can be strong for the rest of the clan..
            Last edited by Kyote; 06-15-2009, 09:02 AM. Reason: spillin
            sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
            nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Well a bittersweet post for sure.
              Prayers to all your family and her friends.

Nice lookin sammie too.

Comment

Sorry about your loss, Pete. You have our sympathies from the other side of the mountain.

I hate to mix this in the same post, but the sandwich looks excellent.
                sigpic
                Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Beautiful sammies Able-

And God speed and Bless Mom and her family.
                  In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                  Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                  Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Real nice lookin beef Pete

Sorry for your loss Pete....thoughts and prayers headed your way
                    Last edited by grothe; 06-15-2009, 09:44 AM.
                    Gene

sigpic

The Farm...
                    http://gardenofeatn-rhf.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words from everyone. It's very much appreciated.
                      Pete
                      Large BGE
                      Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Working...
                      X