Brisket Bliss on the Rec Tec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brisket Bliss on the Rec Tec

Had family in from out of town, they had heard rumor of my Brisket being fairly good so the request qas put in ahead of time. We wanted to eat around 2:00 or 3:00pm so I put this 8 pounder on at 2:00am in the morning at 225 degrees. As reliable as the Rec Tec is, I went to bed after that and got a good nights sleep. When I got up I checked on it and it was idoling through the stall, perfect timing. I went to work for a few hours then called my LOMl and had her check it at around 1:00pm, it was at 199 degrees. |I asked her to take it off at 203 degrees and to do a faux cambro for me til I got home. She forgot and it went to 207 degrees. Turns out it was perfect, I got home, fixed the sides and we ate around 3:00pm. My inlaws said it was better than Brushfire BBQ or Famous Daves. I took that as a compliment. So once again the Rec |Tec takes care of business for me while I take care of business elsewhere.
    Attached Files

Looks good. Like that smoke ring. Impresses me that's from a pellet pooper. Saw you mentioned Rec Tec in another post. Had to go look those up. They're a pretty little machine.

Comment

That brisket looks the goods to me. Never heard of Rec Tec but I will be looking them up now. :)

Ken

Comment

Great looking brisket!!!
        Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
        Yoder YS640
        Weber Genesis
        Weber 18.5" Kettle
        Weber Performer
        Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Have not heard much on the Rec Tecs, they are fairly new out there are they not? What I have heard seems to all be good. How long have you had yours?

Nice brisky BTW
          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Right nice brisket!
            Sunset Eagle Aviation
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Good looking brisket! I've proven you can get a great smoke ring with a Pellet grill, and you have just backed that up! Nice work! .
              Don

Humphrey's Pint
              Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5"
              Weber Performer (Black Top, Stainless Steel Table Edition circa 2005)
              Blackstone Professional Series 36" Griddle
              Weber Spirit SP-310 Gas Grill
              Anova One Sous Vide
              AMPS
              Purple Thermapen
              Maverick ET-733
              DigIQ DX2
              Misfit #1674

sigpic

Comment

Great looking brisket ..... Yeah, the Rec Tec is a pellet cooker.... Was kinda interested in them actually...... Except for the bull horns as handles, didn't care for that..... Made in China.... Amazon had a great deal on them a while back & just aboot ordered one..... Reviews I've seen have been good.... There are a lot of videos on their site if interested
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X