An old friend and I ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An old friend and I ....

I prepared some dinos Saturday morn, when I was preparing the lamb. Rubbed with some cherry rub that Kelly concocted for our smoke last weekend. And glazed them with dark brown sugar before bagging.

Caught up with an old friend "Optimus Prime"
    It has been a while and I have neglected to use this smoker.

I build a big tinder box of sorts with some olive twigs and chunks.Once this is lit and broken down I start to add olive root ball chunks (very dense) I continue to burn these for another 1.5 hours. For a total of 2 hrs min. Before meat ever touches the grates.

We are on the grates and I now change my choice of wood, once the olive has a good coal base, to mesquite only.

The wife threw together some abts..with cream cheese and Tapatio hot sauce some had smokie sausages and some had cut up lamcabra chunks.

These I did on the Charbroil infrared grill with some chunks of grape vine.

Made a pretty good sized bowl of these. The wife had just a few and I knocked the rest of them down....OUCH!! Love these abts.

Cooked these dinos for 2hrs and 1 hr foiled and then 1 not foiled 2-1-1 if ya will. Mopped with a beer,spicy V8,horse radish,Tabasco, etc. mop. Once these were on the counter the strangest thing came to mind...this looks like one of my ex-girlfriends smile....aaarrrggghhh!...lol

Plated with some corn and a glass of lemonade on the side....for it was Sunday...can't marinate everyday.
    Thank you for looking at my smoke!
    Happy smokes!!
    Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Good looking smoke UH. Nice looking smoker...
    Custom Reverse Flow Smoker, WSM 22", Blackstone Griddle 36"

Comment

Listen Ryan,

If your goona neglect our boy like tht then I hate to see a good smoker go to waste I can always send you my address heheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
      Chargriller Pro w. sfb
      Ducane 4100 propane grill
      Brinkman Electric

Member # 200

Comment

Good looking Dinos Ry! How did the brown sugar thing work out? They look perfect, your loving those dinos now huh? Tell Billie she is now the ABT faerie!
        See I knew Optimus had to stay with you! you are old friends for sure, he looked good all fired up... those root balls are soooo dense, hell of a coal base! You had the weather too, damn I have not seen the sun in to many days, getting ready to hang myself... feels like we are way up north with this stupid cloud cover...
        Great smoke, Sliante!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Looking good man. Nice work
          KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

nice lookin dinos there bud!!! turn that palte around and turn that frown upside down!!! other than that aint touchin that one!!! lol nice job man!!!
            Charbroil SFB
            GOSM
            MES
            Dutch Ovens and other CI
            Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
            Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Looks real good Unc! Love the Dinos

Comment

unk honky,

that is one heck of a lookin smoker.dual chrome stacks. fire bx down below.

did you make her?

and de Q coming off her be lookin miiiighty fine. cept fer dem teeth looking things from a past wimin friend. But I guess the ate well to.

great pics thxs fer sharin.
                sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
                nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Points for putting hot sauce on your abt's!!! Nice work Ryan.

Originally posted by Uncle-Honky View Post

Once these were on the counter the strangest thing came to mind...this looks like one of my ex-girlfriends smile....aaarrrggghhh!...lol
                  Can I give extra points??
                  Keith

Comment

Originally posted by Kyote View Post
                    unk honky,

that is one heck of a lookin smoker.dual chrome stacks. fire bx down below.

did you make her?

and de Q coming off her be lookin miiiighty fine. cept fer dem teeth looking things from a past wimin friend. But I guess the ate well to.

great pics thxs fer sharin.
                    Thanks everyone for checkin' out my smoke and for the very thoughtful words n points.
                    kyote I did indeed build this smoker about a year ago. This started my smoker building obsession .....
                    Yeah about that girlfriend thing....y'all ever been smoochin' on your girl and she be sendin' back rib remnants via between the teeth...yuk...yuk...yeehaw!
                    Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                    Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Wow Ryan I thought it was fairly new Buddy.

It's very cool
                      Chargriller Pro w. sfb
                      Ducane 4100 propane grill
                      Brinkman Electric

Member # 200

Comment

Working...
                      X