Squirrel: The Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squirrel: The Challenge

You told me you would work up a recipe for decent sourdough buns after giving me some starter (and I know your time is more taken up than mine, since I am retired, so I understand your delayed response...Ha! Ha!). You also sent me some web addresses for sourdough info, so I did some research. We have some friends visiting the area from Oregon and they will be over for dinner tomorrow night. We are going to have pulled pork and I think I have voiced my opinion before about store-bought buns. So, I dredged up a recipe for some buns on one of the sites.

I know nothing about the flavor or texture of these buns, since they just came out of the oven. The challenge is for each of us to judge each recipe, yours, when you have it done and this one I found, and see which is best. Attached is a picture of the poppy seed buns I baked, sitting hot on top of the stove (not the best shaped).
    Attached Files
    Arizona Deano
    "Illegitimas Non-Carborundum!"

"Life is tough. Its tougher when you're stupid."
    John Wayne

Looking great!!
    Mustang electric smoker
    King Kooker vertical gasser
    Charbroil silver smoker
    Earnhardt Jr smoker
    Brinkman smoke n' grill
    a-maze-n cold smoker rack

USMC vet 87 - 91

Comment

Nice buns, But i'm sure I'd like Squirrels buns better
      sigpic

Comment

Wow I'm so jealous of you bread and pizza makers.Man I just dont have time for another fattening hobby
        2-22.5'' weber
        1-18'' weber
        1 smokey joe
        22.5'' wsm
        24'' smoke vault
        1-outhouse
        Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
        Smoked meathead #135

Comment

[QUOTE=I know nothing about the flavor or texture of these buns, since they just came out of the oven. The challenge is for each of us to judge each recipe, yours, when you have it done and this one I found, and see which is best. Attached is a picture of the poppy seed buns I baked, sitting hot on top of the stove (not the best shaped).
          [/QUOTE]

Well, my better half, our granddaughter and I sacrificed one of the buns last night to try out this recipe. This is going to be tough to beat, Squirrel. But knowing you, I've got some real competition. I will send you the recipe if you accept the challenge. Since I have no ownership to this recipe, I can be an independent judge.
          Arizona Deano

John Wayne

Comment

Could we not have done this without posting a thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
              Could we not have done this without posting a thread?
              Thread terminated with my apology.
              Arizona Deano

John Wayne

Comment

Working...
              X