Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoked Cream Cheese

Hello,

My son thought I should try to make some smoked cream cheese for him, so I figured I would give it a try. I built something like the "$3 cold smoke generator" and used maple/oak pellets. I smoked the cream cheese for about 2 hours, temps never got over about 55 degrees. The color changed a little. After taking it out, one of the blocks was gone after my wife, son and I tried it. I wrapped a second block to let it age with the smoke for a couple days.

Now may son wants more and wants to make a smoked cheese cake. Sounds like an idea. Any thoughts?

HK91

do it. top that cheesecake with some sweetened nuts of some sort.

Comment

Sounds like a great idea to me.

Many people, like Mrs Bear, would disagree.

Bear
      Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
      Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

yeah i have had smoked cheese cake off my Yoder... goood stuff I tell ya!!
        Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
        Yoder YS640
        Weber Genesis
        Weber 18.5" Kettle
        Weber Performer
        Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

It definitely can't be bad so give it a shot.
          Propane Smoke Shack
          UDS
          Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain
          sigpic

Comment

Go for it
            sigpic

Comment

I make a lot of cheesecakes and sell them. I would not use ALL smoked cream cheese, that would be a bit much for my taste, but who knows! Give it a shot!

Comment

I like the idea.. Got a pic of that smoke generator..
                One word of advice.. Don't listen to the Mad Hunky when it comes to smoking cheese Where's that pic when you need it....

Comment

i like the idea of smoked cream cheese

i am kind of a traditionalist when it comes to my cheese cake.

good luck
                  Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HK91 View Post
                    Hello,

Now may son wants more and wants to make a smoked cheese cake. Sounds like an idea. Any thoughts?

HK91
                    Bacon cheesecake comes to mind...
                    Charbroil SFB
                    GOSM
                    MES
                    Dutch Ovens and other CI
                    Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                    Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Make it a savory one with smoked cream cheese and some chopped jalapeno's. If ya can figure a way to get sausage or bacon in there it would be like an ABT cheese cake!!
                      Mustang electric smoker
                      King Kooker vertical gasser
                      Charbroil silver smoker
                      Earnhardt Jr smoker
                      Brinkman smoke n' grill
                      a-maze-n cold smoker rack

USMC vet 87 - 91

Comment

Originally posted by gmotoman View Post
                        do it. top that cheesecake with some sweetened nuts of some sort.
                        Smoked candied almonds or pecans would be perfect

Originally posted by erain View Post
                        Bacon cheesecake comes to mind...
                        Oh damn

Use caramelised smoked bacon strips broken into pieces mixed with the smoked cheese. (cover strips of bacon with athin layer of brown sugar and bake in the oven till crispy)
                        I'd also add some maple syrup and a little lime zest and juice, just to cut all that smokey flavour.

Put all that on a ginger biscuit/cookie and butter base and I reckon you'd really have something there.

You have ginger biscuits/cookies over there right ?

Yes that's what we really call them :-)

Oh yeah and for making your own smoke generator
                        Any pictures ?
                        Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                        Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Got plans to give the smoked cream-cheese cheese-cake a try next weekend. Saw a couple good ideas above, I will get with my son and see what he wants try, ginger might be good. I will dust off my camera and get some pictures.

I was a big fan of McVite's biscuits (cookies) when I was in the USAF stationed in England back in the late 80's. My wife used the Digestive biscuits to make a cheese cake back then, turned out real good. We can buy them here in Nebraska, but don't have as good a selection as back in England.

Comment

Originally posted by HK91 View Post
                            Got plans to give the smoked cream-cheese cheese-cake a try next weekend. Saw a couple good ideas above, I will get with my son and see what he wants try, ginger might be good. I will dust off my camera and get some pictures.

I was a big fan of McVite's biscuits (cookies) when I was in the USAF stationed in England back in the late 80's. My wife used the Digestive biscuits to make a cheese cake back then, turned out real good. We can buy them here in Nebraska, but don't have as good a selection as back in England.
                            Smoked cheese cake sounds good. Where about are you at in Nebraska?
                            sigpic

Comment

My wife said she would not eat the smoked cream-cheese cheese-cake. So my son and I scrapped that plan. Project for St Patrick's day is smoked corned beef in the hot smoker. Will also be cold smoking a bunch of mozzarella cheese sticks for my mother-in-law for Easter.

I am in Bellevue, NE, just south of Omaha.

HK91

Comment

Working...
                              X