Mole brined yard bird....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mole brined yard bird....

I have wanted to try a mole brine and figured today was as good a day ever...

I went with the basic brine of 1 gallon of water to 2 cups Diamond kosher salt... this sounds like a bit to much salt, but I will go along with the program and report back..
    Here are the other ingrediants....
    1 cube of Anchote paste
    4 cubes of chipotle boullion
    2 T allspice
    2 T cinnamon
    1 T cumin
    1 T cayenne
    4 T cocoa
    3 bay leaves

Boil all together with 1 gallon of water with the 4 cups of salt

I was wondering why it did not have the rich cocoa taste I was anticipating, then reviewed the photos, and I grabbed chocolate milk mix instead of the cocoa.. lol.. oh well, I am going to ride out this wipe out all the way!

The other gallon of liqiud is 1 can of lemonade concentrate and 1 gallon of water...Added after the mole has cooled, then the 5 lb yard bird...

ok I just liked this shot it looks like an island sunset or something..
    here is the yard bird shot..

This yard bird will go on tomorrow night, beer in the butt, with my java rub.
    Smoked with olive, I think...
    Wish me luck! Thanks! Kel

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Good luck Kel! You will have no problems I am sure with your brine mishap :)
    Looks fabulous..love that chicken.
    Happy smokes bud
    Slainte!
    Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

What is a mole brine? Pulling up chemistry a molar concentration ...Hmm I gotta go look it up...
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Kelly, a UNDERGROUND MOLE?

or mole`?

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

Originally posted by Walking Dude View Post
          Kelly, a UNDERGROUND MOLE?

or mole`?
          Mole` yes you are right Steve, Hell took me 10 minutes to find that on the keyboard! LOL!

Comment

A mole. Just in case...
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
              A mole. Just in case...
              NO no!! here a Mole` http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Mexican...ce/Detail.aspx
              how did you change the tag line for the link... I need that emperical information please...

Comment

could you brine a mloe in mole~
                Please ignore all spelling errors and typos my pet monkey does all of my corespondence

Comment

Originally posted by PreacherRodgers View Post
                  could you brine a mloe in mole~
                  Prolly you may be onto something!

Comment

it's called mole because someone thought saying chocolate would put people off - probably lol.
                    Hell it's no weirder than calling a shoulder steak a rib :-) (where's that dead horse icon gone - )
                    (what's with the little guy on the left who bites the horses nose ??)

Not sure anyone actually eats moles. they trap them and skin 'em, but never heard of anyone actually eating one.

edit - oh yeah, interesting looking marinade/brine. Seems like a lot of work for a chicken - let us know if it's worth it :-)
                    Last edited by curious aardvark; 06-17-2009, 02:21 PM.
                    Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                    Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Moley moley moley
                      sigpicJack

Bradley Original
                      Centro Electric Digital Smoker
                      Walmart propane upright
                      little chief electric
                      7 in 1 masterbuilt
                      7x7 wood/elec/propane in the works

Comment

Sorry for the late post, with the last day of school and everyone being here it was difficult to get near the computer, let alone post anything...
                        Here it is out of the brine rubbed and ready to go on the smoker.. nice cocoa color..

I could not get a shot rested, prior to cutting since I had hungry teenage boys ready to chew off my hands if I got in the way...

It came out very good, it had a little hint of the cinnamon, in retrospect, I will double the spices and increase the cocoa. It was very tastey though even without the heat to it.
                        Thanks for being patient, Happy smokes and have a great weekend everyone!

Comment

looks great. I do not seem to have room in the fridge for brining or curing.
                          that will change soon enough.
                          that is pretty neat..thanks for the q-view..
                          sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
                          nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Case in point... when brining anything... altho you may THINK you have enough spice/herbs for what you are looking for... DOUBLE them in quantity. OK so that's a blanket statement, and may be a bit inaccurate..but suffice to say it will take more than is intuitive to give you the seasoning you seek.

Comment

Looks good Kel, interesting idea for chocolate lovers
                              Pete
                              Large BGE
                              Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Working...
                              X