Aunt Sue's taters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aunt Sue's taters

I have posted these before, not as a recipe tho, and they were called funeral potatoes, well we lost Aunt Sue a couple of months back she was the one who taught me how to make them.. It just doesn't feel right calling them funeral potaotes anymore.. anyhow easy and yummy, pretty sure you could pull it off in a DO camping...

Here it is...
    Tater tots, (CA frozen potatoe rounds)
    Cream of chicken soup (1 can)
    16 oz Sour cream
    2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese

Defrost tater tots, put into largr casserole dish add cream of chicken soup, sour cream...

add the cheese, mix very well ...

bake at 375* till cooked through and starting to brown, these are great left overs too...

Enjoy!! Happy Smokes!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Sounds good.
    I think I'd add a garnish of some chives but dang.
    THANKS for sharing and sorry bout your Aunt.

Comment

Thank you Vman, she was plain and simple, that was Aunt Sue, well except for the explitives.. LOL! she would love you to add to her taters, tell me how they come out!

Comment

Thanks for the recipe. I like cheesy potatoes.
        sigpic
        Smoke Vault 24

Comment

My wife makes "funeral potatoes" from a recipe from my mom, she hates the name so we asked my mom where the name came from. My mom did a lot of cooking for the church and would make these potatoes for funerals, so the name "funeral potatoes".

Ours are different though we use hash browns, add some onion, and top with corn flakes.

Comment

Thanks for the recipe Aunt Sue and Kel!
            Keith

Comment

Looks great...thanks Kel!!
              Gene

sigpic

The Farm...
              http://gardenofeatn-rhf.blogspot.com/

Comment

Potatoes, cheese, and sour cream ... it doesn't get much better than that!! What an easy side dish that's full of flavor!

Lang 48 Patio | Brinkmann gourmet charcoal water smoker
                Yellow Thermapen | Maverick ET-73 | Maverick ET-72
                sigpic

Comment

Handfull of bacon bits( real stuff) and you got it made.
                  Thanks for the recipe!
                  Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Thanks for the recipe, although I need to get out my funk and wagnal to look up explitives. I don't much cARE FOR THE SO CALLED CHEESEY POTATOES THAT WE SEE HERE AT PARTIES MUCH. This one sounds like a good recipe. Damn that CAP KEY.

Comment

Thanks for the recipe Kelly, I like the new name better myself.

Sorry to hear about your Aunt.

We'll give these a shot. They sound good for adults and I'm sure the little fellas will just love them.
                      Pete
                      Large BGE
                      Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

On it like the 105 heat today on me!....Thanks Sister!
                        Sunset Eagle Aviation
                        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Have you all ever seen that email? something about what it takes to kick the taliban's arse, it was like a bottle of JD, twelve pack, pms and Aunt Sue? That was Aunt Sue, she would always tell ya like it was, with a smoke in her mouth and a corona in the other hand. She was in a bad car accident and right when we thought she was gonna come home, she had a major heart attack, it broke all of our hearts. She could cuss like a sailor and she was one of the funniest, wisest women I knew. Although not my aunt by blood, I have known her since my mother passed in 1978. She was cool peeps for sure! One of the best tributes to a person has to be their legacy living on, and her taters are now with you all!
                          Thanks you guys!

Comment

Awww....Bump!.....Had some last night! Sister they still Rock!
                            Sunset Eagle Aviation
                            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

How did I miss this? I just had Cheryl add the ingredients to the shopping list.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X