Yoder Ys640 Thermostat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yoder Ys640 Thermostat

I just bought a Ys640 and i didt get the thermostat on the lid.Now i would like to get 2 of them to monitor the temp a little better.Yoder wants $50.00 for each one.I was wondering if anyone knows a good thermostat with a cheaper price tag,and good quality.Thanks.
    Yoder Ys640
    Char griller smoker
    Lumber Jack
    Maple,Hickory,Cherry
    A-maze-n smoke tube

Originally posted by Jaymxr@gmail.com View Post
    I just bought a Ys640 and i didt get the thermostat on the lid.Now i would like to get 2 of them to monitor the temp a little better.Yoder wants $50.00 for each one.I was wondering if anyone knows a good thermostat with a cheaper price tag,and good quality.Thanks.

Tel-Tru & BBQ Pro is good / great quality.. But do not expect to leave her is all kinds of shitty weather and expect it to be spot on.. I don't thing there is one out there like that..
    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

No...not really. For a good one. And like Ken said, you can't leave 'em out thru snow and rain. Maybe get a dual probe electronic.
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Glad you joined us Jaymxr!
        I do not have a suggestion for a different thermometer, but if you live in a colder climate I would suggest only mounting one on the right side as Yoders thermal blanket cover is made and cut for only one thermometer being mounted on the left side of the hood. The thermal blanket will pay for itself with less pellet consumption.
        --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
        www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Thank you all very much for all your input.
          Yoder Ys640
          Char griller smoker
          Lumber Jack
          Maple,Hickory,Cherry
          A-maze-n smoke tube

Comment

get your self a probe that monitors the grate... the hood thermo is always off on mine...
            Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
            Yoder YS640
            Weber Genesis
            Weber 18.5" Kettle
            Weber Performer
            Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

New Braunfels Black Diamond
              18.5" WSM
              Weber Performer Deluxe Black
              18.5 Weber Kettle
              22.5 Weber Kettle
              Maverick ET732
              6, 8, 10 and 12' Lodge DO

Smoked Meat Misfits: "the change it had to come. We knew it all along. We were liberated from the fold, that's all" - The Who.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X