More Smoked Cheese

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Smoked Cheese

Being lactose intolerant sucks. Cheese and yogurt is my only way of getting dairy products in my diet. Yogurt doesn't smoke well.....so it's cheese. Love my AMNPS. Smoked a ton of cheese with it so far. Lost a lot of pics with the cellphone ordeal.

Try to keep some on hand at all times. Not easy to do. Today's smoke is Havarti, Jalapeno Havarti, Dill Havarti, Dubliner and Blarney Castle. Two of each.

You guys gave me grief for smoking Havarti a few years ago. Was at the store a couple months ago....new flavor. Hickory smoked Havarti. Bwaahaa. Where's my commission? Rocks on a Ritz.

Time for a little nap.
    Attached Files
    S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
    CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
    New Braunfels Bandera
    UniFlame Gas Grill
    Lil Chief

I like it Ray! Loads of great cheese. Can't beat a great smoked cheese. I'll be doing some soon for summer burgers! Great job!
    Don

Humphrey's Pint
    Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5"
    Weber Performer (Black Top, Stainless Steel Table Edition circa 2005)
    Blackstone Professional Series 36" Griddle
    Weber Spirit SP-310 Gas Grill
    Anova One Sous Vide
    AMPS
    Purple Thermapen
    Maverick ET-733
    DigIQ DX2
    Misfit #1674

sigpic

Comment

2 more weeks of resting for mine. thats a helluva batch :)
      New Braunfels Black Diamond
      18.5" WSM
      Weber Performer Deluxe Black
      18.5 Weber Kettle
      22.5 Weber Kettle
      Maverick ET732
      6, 8, 10 and 12' Lodge DO

Smoked Meat Misfits: "the change it had to come. We knew it all along. We were liberated from the fold, that's all" - The Who.

sigpic

Comment

It will be tough to wait, but worth it. I have not tried smoking Havarti, but will soon.

Last weekend I picked up an AMNPS and tried it for the first time with cheddar, Swiss, jack, mozzarella, and pepper jack. I vacuum packed a couple chunks to try early, they were not quite ready, but I had to suffer and eat it all anyway. So I would agree, two weeks is probably a good time to wait.

Lately I have been doing a batch of 3-4 pounds each week anyway, so waiting has not been an issue. My wife likes to give it away to her friends and I take some to work. Always a hit.

HK91

Comment

I din't give you grief. Heck... I'd like the smoked havarti. I have no scruples when it comes to smoking most anything. Git-R-Done! And looks like ya did just that!
          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I couldn't wait anymore. Been 2 weeks. The dill Havarti is unreal.
            Attached Files
            S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

GOSM Propane
            New Braunfels Bandera
            UniFlame Gas Grill
            Lil Chief

Comment

We busted out my cheese smoke of 3 weeks ago tonight. It started disappearing pretty fast. All it needed was some home made pepperoni.
              New Braunfels Black Diamond
              18.5" WSM
              Weber Performer Deluxe Black
              18.5 Weber Kettle
              22.5 Weber Kettle
              Maverick ET732
              6, 8, 10 and 12' Lodge DO

Smoked Meat Misfits: "the change it had to come. We knew it all along. We were liberated from the fold, that's all" - The Who.

sigpic

Comment

I did a post here on 10 March and was thinking about smoking some Havarti. I couple days later I got a pound of Havarti and a pound of Gouda. I smoked them using the AMNPS with maple pellets for about 1 1/2 hours, the temp inside the smoker was about 45 degrees. Just tried it yesterday. Good stuff. Thanks for the idea.

HK91

Comment

Nice smoke Ray! I'd love some of that Jalapeno Havarti right about now.
                  Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
                  Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
                  SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
                  Yoder Wichita
                  Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
                  Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
                  Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

Comment

Right On! ..... I also, would like a slice of that goodness right now
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HK91 View Post
                      I did a post here on 10 March and was thinking about smoking some Havarti. I couple days later I got a pound of Havarti and a pound of Gouda. I smoked them using the AMNPS with maple pellets for about 1 1/2 hours, the temp inside the smoker was about 45 degrees. Just tried it yesterday. Good stuff. Thanks for the idea.

HK91
                      Glad you liked it. It's a regular around here.
                      S-M Misfit #16

GOSM Propane
                      New Braunfels Bandera
                      UniFlame Gas Grill
                      Lil Chief

Comment

Working...
                      X