Super Bowl Beef.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Bowl Beef.

Finally a day that isn't below freezing. Been waiting since cristmas to smoke on the Lang. Shoveled out the wood and the smoker so I was good to go at 3 am sunday .

I had a 14 + Lb Shoulder Clod, and the same size choice packer rubbed up the day before. Still workin on different combos of rubs vs. mops.Beef went on at 4:15, and the dark morning sky was filled with stars, and the woods with sounds of owls. Calm clear ,and 34 degrees!:)

Heres the thin blue on a super lookin mornin.

by the end of the day the patch of green around the pit had grown to 3 times that size.

The clod and brisket at 4 hrs.

The temps out side shot up to mid 40's today and it was sweat pants and T-shirt weather. Here is the clod ready to go into foil in the cooler at 12 hrs to the minute!:D

had to hurry off to a party next door.Heres the contribution I made to the event.
    Beef platter- sliced brisket, burnt ends and shredded clod, in the pan next to the beef was some crab stuffed mushrooms.

Also made up 4 fatties of various types and a pan of Dutch's beans.It was a hit at the party.Great fun and food, game wasn't to shabby either.

Came home at halftime and pulled the rest of the clod.

That platter was about 2/3 of the whole thing, very good return on the meat, probably somewhere near 8-9 lbs on a 14 1/2 lber.

Best clod I have done yet!. Brisket turned out good too, but the chuck was way better!;)
    Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

That all looks really good, Dan. You've made me hungry, lol. :)
    Dawn

New Braunfels Bandera "Grail"
    Weber 22.5" Kettle Grill
    1 Maverick ET-73
    1 Green Thermapen

member #38

Comment

Great looking grub Dan. The Lang is lonely no more. That's a Outstanding plate of meat in the last pic..
      Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Great looking beef and shrooms Dan!
        Dang, you've gotta lot of snow.
        jeanie

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/

Comment

That looks great Dan.. And i gotta hand it to you guys ( and gals) up north.. Im not sure i could get out in that stuff and cook all day !!! The Lang does kinda look neat sitting in the snow though :D
          Mike
          Smokin' in Fla
          Go Gators
          My toys
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Dan View Post

by the end of the day the patch of green around the pit had grown to 3 times that size.
            Gotta like those self-cleaning Langs eh? LOL!

Nice work, Dan!
            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Man that looks good. I need a pulled beef sammich now.
              KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Damn Dan, that looks good enough to eat! Great lookin' grub!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Those are some cool pics you posted, Capt, especially of the Lang surrounded by the snow ... Glad you had a chance to fire up the beast and looks like it produced some mighty fine grub for ya!

Lang 48 Patio | Brinkmann gourmet charcoal water smoker
                  Yellow Thermapen | Maverick ET-73 | Maverick ET-72
                  sigpic

Comment

Nice, really nice. No snow, it's in the mid forty's here and my butt is cold! You guy's & gal's in that white stuff amaze me with your fortitude.
                    Sunset Eagle Aviation
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Working...
                    X