Pellet smoker advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pellet smoker advice

So I'm gonna buy a new smoker and was thinking pellets..just not sure which one to go with. I will use it for backyard bbq and also a couple competitions. I'm leaning towards a ys640 or a GreenMountain Bowie. Any advice? Price range is 1300-2000

I love my Yoder YS640! Cant go wrong with that one!! If you have any questions let me know!!
    Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
    Yoder YS640
    Weber Genesis
    Weber 18.5" Kettle
    Weber Performer
    Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by barkonbutts View Post
      I love my Yoder YS640! Cant go wrong with that one!! If you have any questions let me know!!
      X2. The GMG looks nice and is cheaper, but the metal is thinner too. That said, I do hear good things about the GMG and should do OK for backyard use. Dont know about how well it would hold up to hauling back & forth to comps.
      Mike
      Proud to be I.B.E.W.

PCa Sucks - But I WILL, No DID beat this!!

Yoder YS640
      POS ChinaMasterbuilt XL (demoted to cold smoking duty)
      Bull Big Bahanga gas grill

Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most!

Comment

I can tell ya what NOT to buy.

MES or Traeger.

Comment

Thanks guys! Brian, I've heard a lot of good things on the yoders..however, I've read some things about the temp not holding and firmware issues. Do you have or heard of any of these issues?

Comment

X's 3 from another YS640 owner. Sending you a PM also!
            --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
            www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Originally posted by Slowsmokin Sean View Post
              Thanks guys! Brian, I've heard a lot of good things on the yoders..however, I've read some things about the temp not holding and firmware issues. Do you have or heard of any of these issues?
              They seem to have all the issues squared away with the software.....buy with confidence and know that Yoder is behind you if there are any issues!!
              Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
              Yoder YS640
              Weber Genesis
              Weber 18.5" Kettle
              Weber Performer
              Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

I really like my Treager, I've had it a year now with no issues.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Another Yoder owner here - YS640, one of the best purchases I have ever made. Nearly killed myself getting it up on the deck though - built like a tank!
                  Yoder YS640
                  Weber E-310
                  Maverick ET-732

Comment

Gonna play devils advocate here (in full disclosure I own several Weber Kettles), and just mention a few things about pellet grills. Make sure you have a good supply of pellets, as you can't usually run to the corner store and pick some up if you run out in the middle of a cook. Make sure what you buy has a great warranty on the electronics, as it seems many makes have some "issues" with some components. Remember, great customer service means nothing if you are at a comp with 4 hours until turn in, and your firmware takes a dump. The more complex a machine, the more things that can go wrong.

Good Luck!
                    Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

Working...
                    X