Smoked chicken stuffed shells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoked chicken stuffed shells

Smoked some extra thighs last night over cherry wood to try this recipe.

Start by cooking 12 large shells, mine weren't very big should've done 24. In a sauce pan melt 8oz of cream cheese. Once melted add 2/3c milk, 1T chives, and 1/2c parmesan. Stir till smooth.

In a bowl add 2c shredded or diced chicken, 10oz frozen broccoli thawed, 1/4t black pepper, 2T diced pimentos, and 3/4c of the cheese mixture. Mix that all up and stuff the shells.

I topped with the leftover meat mixture, then the rest of the cheese sauce. Half way through the cook I forgot to add the Colby jack cheese, now was the time to do it. Dusted with smoked paprika. Into the oven at 350 for 30 minutes.

All cooked and plated

Definitely doing these again! Thanks for looking and have a happy Easter!
    sigpic

well that looks filling!! nice use for those leftovers!!
    Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
    Yoder YS640
    Weber Genesis
    Weber 18.5" Kettle
    Weber Performer
    Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

That looks so good Ryan! Talk aboot total comfort food. You nailed it sir.

Comment

Thanks Brian and Cheryl. I just love cooking with leftovers. They were filling and left a guy very satisfied. It was a great way to end the morning in the kitchen. Made my second ever cheesecake. The marble cheesecake split on me but still looks dam good and can't wait to try my third ever cheesecake which is white chocolate. Hopefully the family likes them. I did all this while the wife played dress up with the boy

I gotta get him a cowboy hat and boots, that gangsta just don't look right in this house LOL!
        sigpic

Comment

Kudos on making cheesecake! I make about 5 a week. Mine split sometimes too and I have a great way to take care of that. Just take an offset spatula and run it under hot water and repair the cake by pushing in on the bottom of the crack and work your way around. Then just smooth the top. Another trick I use is to put a piece of parchment paper over the bottom of the cheesecake pan then snap on the top leaving a little hanging out. This way you can slide your cheesecake on to a serving dish without a lot of headaches. I've got pics of both these procedures if'in ya want a visual.

Your boy child is adorable! He's gonna be rapping some tunes soon.

Comment

Those look really good to me Ryan
            sigpic

Comment

Some how I over lokked this or missed it. Man I love stuffed shells. Nicely done brother. for you!
              Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
              Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
              SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
              Yoder Wichita
              Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
              Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
              Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

Comment

Mmmmmmmmm stuffed shells! Gotta make some soon. Haven't had any in forevah!
                I rub it every chance I get!

QUOTE = Meat Hunter

Granted, all this is just in my head. Until I win the lotto, or my career as a stripper pays off, I'm forced to use the kitchen counter....

Comment

looks great, gonna have to give this a try and soon!!
                  Weber Performer, 26" Weber grill, 18" WSM, UDS, Santa Maria Grill

Comment

Nice recipe and it looks fantastic!
                    Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                    Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                    1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                    Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                    Weber Smokey Joe
                    Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                    Pink Thermapen
                    Purple Thermapen

Comment

Don't know how this one slid by... Great idea.. Do love stuffed shells

Comment

Working...
                      X