Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brad's Bad-A$$ Salsa/Guacamole Recipes

OK, here are my two faves.

We were driving all around Santa Fe a couple years ago and asked everyone where is a good place to eat. Unanimously, they said Garcia's - the food is ok, but the Margaritas and the Guacamole are to die for. Here is their recipe - I know cause they make it at the table - nice!

3 ripe Avocados (for Guac, simply none for great salsa)
    3 Plum Tomatoes finely chopped (any tom will do - argh even canned Rotel - has to be if in winter, otherwise not allowed)
    1 medium Onion finely chopped
    2 Jalapenos seeded and membranes removed
    1/2 bunch of Cilantro, finely chopped
    juice from half a lime
    4-5 cloves of garlis finely chopped or 1 TBS chopped garlic in the jar (see above reference when this is allowed)
    Kosher salt to taste
    Drop an Avo nut in the mix when done for freshness.

Serve immediately. If you wait, you will have brown Guac - skim that skin off the top and you are good to go.

Lessons I've learned - you can't have too much Garlic or Cilantro. you CAN have too much salt and Lime. Juice from a whole lime will kill it. Drop an Avo seed in the mix - it slows the browning process.

OK, same recipe as above for salsa - sans the Avocado (one of the best foods for you BTW).

Bad A$$ Salsa - same as above - NOW, what do you do if you run our of Toms? Use the exact same recipe but substitute fresh pineapple for the tomatoes and add red peppers.

Simple, Elegant and super fresh tasting! (like me)! Serve with fresh Margarita or Beer with Lime. Enjoy!

Man that sure looks & sound's good! Thanks...gonna try this!
    Sunset Eagle Aviation
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

what better weekend than Father's Day weekend?

Here is a good drink to go with it. In Mexico, we call it a Paloma (bird).

juice of 25 mexican limes (you can cheat, but I recommend the mexi limes)
      half bottle of Controy (cheaper Mexican version of Cointreau) or Triple Sec
      half bottle of Tequila
      2 liters of Squirt (grapefruit soda)

pour over ice - oh man!

Paloma Flaco (skinny bird)

Lime juice
      tequila
      diet Sprite

not many calories, so I guess you can drink as many as you want!
      Last edited by workoutchamp; 06-20-2009, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Both look great, Thanks.
        Chargriller Pro w. sfb
        Ducane 4100 propane grill
        Brinkman Electric

Member # 200

Comment

very nice,..santa fe, nm. we don't bother with the seed,but good Idea if you don't finish it all in one setting. it last about as long as it takes to say, "this stuff is good" around here.

if you are ever back this way, make sure you head south of SF to las cruces if you can, try a little place called "delicious" and "little nelly's" both look like dives and they are, but the mex food is great.
          if you don't speak spanish, they are used to folks just pointing at the menu lol. as it is in english, well most of it..

then a little ways out side of town CHOPE' that place is cool. and a big time dive dirt floors and all. beer on ice. the food is great. relano's are good. be prepared for hot at all three. they think its mild for them.

and work ot champ. if you would like ( and your recipe is great.) try adding a little marukan seasoned gourmet rice vinegar. and see what you think. don't tell the restruant though. they will start using it.
          sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
          nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Yummy guac recipe! Thanks... Depending on when I make it (right before, I use the nut) or a little in advance it keeps perfectly if ya take a piece of saran wrap and press it all over the top of the guac creating an air tight seal, then it doesn't oxidize either!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Points and very awesome.

The Avo Seed REALLY does help.

ALSO, if you store it in a bowl covered w plastic wrap, PUSH the wrap ALL the way down to cover the surface of the guac. It will help keep it from browning, and a lil shot of lemon juice doesn't hurt either to keep it from browning, but I spect you know that, (like, 1 cap full of the bottled stuff).

Comment

Working...
              X