Committed "THE" Cardinal Sin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Committed "THE" Cardinal Sin

I tried out my new YS640 last weekend by smoking two racks of baby back's, a boston butt and a mushroom & swiss fattie. The ribs and fatty were simply awesome!!! I got busy and left the butt on too long but it was still way better than what you get around here at the local bbq place, just could have been better. Can't blame it on the smoker, it was operator error. I'll be hauling it to Alabama tomorrow for a two week vacation and lots of smoking!
    The sin? No Q-View
    Still trying to learn how to upload photo's on here from my Ipad.
    I'm no Gynecologist
    But I'll take a look at it

Originally posted by CoffeeCreek View Post
    I tried out my new YS640 last weekend by smoking two racks of baby back's, a boston butt and a mushroom & swiss fattie. The ribs and fatty were simply awesome!!! I got busy and left the butt on too long but it was still way better than what you get around here at the local bbq place, just could have been better. Can't blame it on the smoker, it was operator error. I'll be hauling it to Alabama tomorrow for a two week vacation and lots of smoking!
    The sin? No Q-View
    Still trying to learn how to upload photo's on here from my Ipad.
    We have all benn ther brother. May I suggest picking up a Maverick ET-732 wireless Themometer? Set the desired temp and it will sound an alarm at the recieve taht hopefully yopu have in ears distance. There is a safety aspect of useing one too. Set a low temp alarm (170 degrees) and a high temp alarm (300 if cooking at 230 degrees). This way you can put your butts on at night and sleep. If for some reason you have an auger jam or forget to top off the hopper you get a alarm before your fire goes out. If for some reason you get a grease fire or a runaway for some reason you will awake via alarm and can deal with it. This is how I use mine. Just a suggestion.
    Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
    Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
    SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
    Yoder Wichita
    Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
    Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
    Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

Comment

Originally posted by Wingman View Post
      We have all benn ther brother. May I suggest picking up a Maverick ET-732 wireless Themometer? Set the desired temp and it will sound an alarm at the recieve taht hopefully yopu have in ears distance. There is a safety aspect of useing one too. Set a low temp alarm (170 degrees) and a high temp alarm (300 if cooking at 230 degrees). This way you can put your butts on at night and sleep. If for some reason you have an auger jam or forget to top off the hopper you get a alarm before your fire goes out. If for some reason you get a grease fire or a runaway for some reason you will awake via alarm and can deal with it. This is how I use mine. Just a suggestion.
      Thank for the advice, I hate to admit it but I was using the ET-732. I love that thang, just need to pay better attention when using it.
      I'm no Gynecologist

Comment

Originally posted by CoffeeCreek View Post
        Thank for the advice, I hate to admit it but I was using the ET-732. I love that thang, just need to pay better attention when using it.
        Oh hell man don't sweat it. Shit happens. I have fugged up meats on many occasions over the years do to having too many irons in the fire. Learn from it and rock that next cook!
        Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
        Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
        SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
        Yoder Wichita
        Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
        Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
        Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

Comment

If that's the biggest calamity that ever befalls you you'll be waay ahead of the game Don't sweat it, just file for future reference
          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Still came out good so no harm no foul I say. Easiest way to post pics is to upload them to an online storage source like say photo bucket . Then simply copy and paste the image code directly into your post. My phone has a great camera(galaxy note 2) and can be set to automatically upload pics. Your iPad can do that as well. You just have to add the extra step of enabling the sync function I believe.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
            Weber Smoky Joe
            18" Weber Silver
            22.5" Weber Gold
            22.5" Weber Silver
            UDS X 2
            Masterbuilt 30" MES digital
            Masterbuilt MES 40" digital
            Masterbuilt cold smoke attachment
            Char-Broil Big Easy 3 in 1
            Char-Broil COS with Ron Fischer mods.
            Dual Char-Broil BBQ Bistros
            Blackstone three burner flat top
            5" AMZNPS
            Vortex x 2
            Maverick ET 73
            Maverick ET 732
            Maverick Pro Temp instant read thermometer
            Thermo Works Smoke Dual Channel Thermometer
            Pitmaster iQue 110
            sigpic

Comment

gad to hear you are liken the Yoder... we look forward to the pics!!
              Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
              Yoder YS640
              Weber Genesis
              Weber 18.5" Kettle
              Weber Performer
              Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for all the cooking tips, I'm not at all concerned about one butt being less than awesome, I just wish I could figure the photo upload on an Ipad thang
                I'm no Gynecologist

Comment

Sorry, somethymes we gotta put ya on the spot

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X