why I love the YS640

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why I love the YS640

One weeks ago the wife I thought we would do a cheep make over on the kitchen. It is big but was not use full, so we thought lets jump in an see if we can make it a little better with what we have. So we started ripping things up, hoping it would work out. Well $350 later and the easy of using the ys640 we are dong all right. Last night my 3 year said she wanted meat loaf from the smoker, she has never had it from the smoker, but has had it from the oven. So I said sure why not. Here is after eating and doing work.

After eating dinner an sitting the frig for 3 hours for tomorrows sandwiches

Next 3 are back plash that I went out an bought plus installed during the cook.

These are before and half way after 500 bucks wish I had more pics of food cause I did a pulled pork for the neighbors but was a little busy to take pics. Now like everyone I have to smoke all the time for them.

Before

before

Before

Me

Half way

Half way

Last edited by qkrx7; 04-14-2013, 02:25 AM.
    The probability of anyone watching you do something is in direct proportion to the stupidity of what you are doing.

YS-640

I cook on my YS640 at least 3 times a week and have done so for the last 2 years. It's one hell of a work horse and has always produced high quality BBQ. You are going to love the chit out of that cooker! Way to rock that meatloaf.
    Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
    Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
    SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
    Yoder Wichita
    Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
    Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
    Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

Comment

May have rambled a little and this is why.
      The probability of anyone watching you do something is in direct proportion to the stupidity of what you are doing.

YS-640

Comment

I say have more and ramble more. Hell go throw some meat on that Yoder while your at it brother! It's all good here!
        Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
        Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
        SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
        Yoder Wichita
        Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
        Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
        Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

Comment

Originally posted by Wingman View Post
          I say have more and ramble more. Hell go throw some meat on that Yoder while your at it brother! It's all good here!
          I have now two forums that I am on. So You all have to put up with me for a long time.

YS-640

Comment

Oh yeah meatloaf is best if it is smoked!! very good!!
            Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
            Yoder YS640
            Weber Genesis
            Weber 18.5" Kettle
            Weber Performer
            Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Good Luck with your kitchen remodel. We just went through that, and it takes some time to get back to normal when you go as far as taking out the counter tops. What are you putting in new? We did granite counter tops b4 the deals on remodeling go away with the improving economy.

Love smoked meatloaf too. your post gave me the nudge to do a meatloaf tonight too.
              Mike
              Proud to be I.B.E.W.

PCa Sucks - But I WILL, No DID beat this!!

Yoder YS640
              POS ChinaMasterbuilt XL (demoted to cold smoking duty)
              Bull Big Bahanga gas grill

Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most!

Comment

Originally posted by Otis857 View Post
                Good Luck with your kitchen remodel. We just went through that, and it takes some time to get back to normal when you go as far as taking out the counter tops. What are you putting in new? We did granite counter tops b4 the deals on remodeling go away with the improving economy.

Love smoked meatloaf too. your post gave me the nudge to do a meatloaf tonight too.
                When we bought the house it was a rental and the guy just threw in some granite tile for the counter top. It had really big grout lines and it sucked also really cheap cabinets that will do for now. So I just redid the counter top with new tile and really small grout lines. This is just a cheap get us threw a few years remodel. In a few years I will gut it down to the studs.

YS-640

Comment

Originally posted by qkrx7 View Post
                  When we bought the house it was a rental and the guy just threw in some granite tile for the counter top. It had really big grout lines and it sucked also really cheap cabinets that will do for now. So I just redid the counter top with new tile and really small grout lines. This is just a cheap get us threw a few years remodel. In a few years I will gut it down to the studs.
                  Good luck with the semi remodel. I've seen some of the counter tops done with granite tile that look pretty good.

P.S. Got a meat loaf in the smoker right now.
                  Mike
                  Proud to be I.B.E.W.

PCa Sucks - But I WILL, No DID beat this!!

Yoder YS640
                  POS ChinaMasterbuilt XL (demoted to cold smoking duty)
                  Bull Big Bahanga gas grill

Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most!

Comment

Working...
                  X