BBQ Delight or Lumber Jack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBQ Delight or Lumber Jack?

I don't have a pellet smoker, but use pellets in a tray similar to the Amazing pellet tray and in my amazing sawdust thing.

I have a hard time keeping dust burning, but have had pretty good luck with pellets.

I can get BBQ Delight 5 min away from work for 15.00 per bag or I located a place about 50 miles south of here that sells all the Lumber jack line in 20 and 40 lb bags. The way I understand it is 20lbs for $20 or 40lbs for $25.

Is the flavor/quality difference worth the 50 mile drive?

I can probably arrange to make some sales calls in the area in the next few weeks.

I know BBQ delight is hickory and oak 60/40 in the 20lb bags.

Most if not all of BBQ Delight are blended with OAK.

With Lumber Jack you can get single species of wood. they have 100% apple, Hickory, and cherry and many more...

There is a difference in woods if you ask me... so I guess what are you looking for and who has it...
    Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
    Yoder YS640
    Weber Genesis
    Weber 18.5" Kettle
    Weber Performer
    Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Both a great pellets. BBQ Delight produces great smoke and you can definitely taste the smoke. They are more expensive though, although they burn very efficiently in my pellet grill. I like Lumberjack pellets, great price and produce good quality smokes. I love having the option for 100% varietals as well, especially with fruit pellets. Bang for the buck with good quality, you can't go wrong with Lumberjacks.

Either way you go you will get good smoke, great quality and both will work well in the A-maz-n smoker.
      Smokem if you got em

Yoder YS640
      Weber EP-310 Gasser Grill
      A-Maz-N-Pellet-Smoker (AMZNPS)
      A-Maz-N-Tube-Smoker (AMZNTS)
      Frogmats
      Maverick ET 732
      Super Fast Purple Thermopen

Deano

"May the thin blue smoke be with you"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by barkonbutts View Post
        Most if not all of BBQ Delight are blended with OAK.

With Lumber Jack you can get single species of wood. they have 100% apple, Hickory, and cherry and many more...

There is a difference in woods if you ask me... so I guess what are you looking for and who has it...
        Yes BBQ D is blended but the Lumber jack has a BBQ blend of hickory/oak/cherry i think.

Comment

I have quit a different mix. Some BBQ delight and some traeger and some other off brand. I do not know that one can tell the diff.
          definitely between flavors but not brands.
          I am positive that a blindfold test would prove that. I buy by price and savings.
          Have fun and enjoy
          Karl
          Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, Rage against the dying of the light.

www.wedlinydomowe.com/

http://www.wedlinydomowe.com/sausage...ure-calculator

ExhaustedSpark
          Disabled
          Member American Legion
          Life Member NRA
          Life Member ARRL

Comment

BBq's delight is a good quality pellet. But I have found they do not produce the same smoke profile that lumberjack does. BBQ's delight debarks there wood which Lumberjack does not. I have used both in tests and found a better smoke profile on the meat with BBQ's delight. When using Lumberjack it is my findings you have to clean the firepot more often because they produce more ash because of the bark in the wood. When competing I use Lumberjack and I use them because I think they produce a better pellet for smoke output and I can blend my own woods to what I want the blend to be
            KCBS Competition team Bill-B-Que-Minnesota
            KCBS-CBJ
            Cookshack FEC120
            Yoder Kingman/Comp Cart
            Weber Performer
            Weber Smokey Mountain
            Rocks Stoker WIFI
            ThermoWorks Pro BBQ Kit
            ThermoWorks Thermapen Orange

http://www.yodersmokers.com/

www.amazenproducts.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bill-...8578881?ref=hl

I have a FaceBook page for our BBQ team Bill-B-Que
            Please like the page if you would like so you may keep up with what we are doing

Comment

If you buy in bulk, you simply cannot find anything as good as the Lumberjacks at their price point. Depending on your location, it can be as cheap as $7 per 20lb bag. While I haven't really noticed that the Lumberjacks produce more ash than the BBQ Delight, I tend to vacuum out the YS640 quite often so am not too worried if there is slightly more or less from either brand. I like the flavor that I get from the Lumberjacks, and appreciate the lower cost with good quality and still get a nice thin blue smoke.
              Smokem if you got em

Yoder YS640
              Weber EP-310 Gasser Grill
              A-Maz-N-Pellet-Smoker (AMZNPS)
              A-Maz-N-Tube-Smoker (AMZNTS)
              Frogmats
              Maverick ET 732
              Super Fast Purple Thermopen

Deano

"May the thin blue smoke be with you"

sigpic

Comment

I just orded a ton from Lumber Jack came out to be about .31 a pound.You just cant beat that price.Im happy with the pellets they have a nice flavor and good smoke.Yes they do burn a little dirty but i clean my 640 every smoke.So its never an issue for me.I heard BBQ delights are also great pellets,call Candy she will answer any questions you my have.
                Yoder Ys640
                Char griller smoker
                Lumber Jack
                Maple,Hickory,Cherry
                A-maze-n smoke tube

Comment

I pay $4 per 40 pound bag of Premium Hardwood pellets, to heat my log house, but I wouldn't want to smoke anything with them. I get my smoking pellets from Todd.

Bear
                  Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                  Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Working...
                  X