Just Got My Thermoworks Thermometers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Got My Thermoworks Thermometers

Just got my rt600c reduced tip and tw362b original cooking thermometer/timer in the mail and must say i am impressed so far with the quality and attention to service these folks have . They included a laminated quick temp guide and a little bag of jelly beans even! I do have one question for you folks tho.When i use the quick probe to test my temp and bring it back out what do i use to disinfect it so i can use it again a little later? I assume soap and water then clear water i don't think a disinfectant wipe would go too well being stuck back in the meat again so what do you all do

I use alcohol wipes...Buy them in the pharmacy section of your favorite store...Diabetic supplies...Cheap and effective...
    Craig
    sigpic

Comment

G Spot BBQ Hittin' The Spot Since 2004

Comment

I like & use the Thermoworks &Thermapen & think the quality is very good..... I mostly clean them with warm water & fingertips (clean) then wipe with a paper towel in between uses & have not had any problems. I don't insert them until the meat is at least semi close to being done though (based on time & looks)..... I do wash them with warm soapy water in between uses. Some guys have suggested warm water with a little bleach, then a clean water rinse & paper towel dry, which I have also done. I like the idea of the wipes mentioned, butt have not yet used them.
        sigpic

Comment

I lick them clean - that's okay right ?
          Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
            I lick them clean - that's okay right ?
            JT

Comment

Working...
            X