Ribs & Sliced pork butt - Suprise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ribs & Sliced pork butt - Suprise!

Have you ever been surprised by someone, who knows that you are a good cook.."Hey, what do I do with this"

This weened a good friend was planning a cookout this past Saturday, and asked my opinion on what to do with the meat he bought. I stopped over his house, and saw two racks of ribs, a sliced pork butt (first time I've ever seen this cut first hand), and some country sliced rib thinggies...

Since I really wasn't prepared for a smoke, a quick trip was in store to get the battle gear - smoker, prep tools, and spices.
    rubbing.jpg

loaded_in_smoker.jpg

IMG00155.jpg

saucing.jpg

finishedproduct.jpg
    My last foray into ribs left me slightly disappointed, so I decided to try them 3-2-1 style - with great results.

Ribs were fall off the bone tender, & sliced pork butt was delectable.

Not really sure how to get the images in here, so I posted them as attachments - my apologies

Best regards and thanks for looking, Carl G
    Weber Smokey Joe
    Weber 22.5" Silver
    Weber Performer Platinum
    Smokey Mountain Gas Vertical Water Smoker
    Big Green Egg XL with iQue 110
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Way to throw out a helping hand Carl!! Everything in that there smoker looks mighty fine by me! The way you got your pics here seems to be as good as any. I usually transfer mine with Photobucket.com
    Nice smoke and a good friend you are.
    Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

FHC great job and now you have a friend for ever.lol. get him to buy ya a big lang and tell him to also buy the meat and you will send weekly packages to him..lol.
      sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
      nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Nicely done.... I seen those ribs in the pan and thought if he adds water to them ribs and pops them in the oven I will pass smooth out... Then we will need to send outs a posse to round you up..
        Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

FHC, to the rescue! Rescue points! you saved all that yummy meat from a disasterous ending!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Thank you all for the kind words....even though I need someone to translate Tex's post into Yank for me!!!
            Weber Smokey Joe
            Weber 22.5" Silver
            Weber Performer Platinum
            [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
              Nicely done.... I seen those ribs in the pan and thought if he adds water to them ribs and pops them in the oven I will pass smooth out... Then we will need to send outs a posse to round you up..
              In case what i did wasnt obvious: 3 hours in smoke, 2 hours in foil with apple juice, 1 more hour in smoke' then sauced (my own K.C. Style sauce) and seared on the BBQ.
              Weber Smokey Joe
              Weber 22.5" Silver
              Weber Performer Platinum
              [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Comment

Just teasing... I had a moment from the video clip I posted in the Fire Pit about Rib Sacrilege..
                Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Great job CARL!!! Everything looks good!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X