Pork Steak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pork Steak

After seeing these posted a few timess, I deceided to give em a try. The weather was perfect so I used my electric Brinkmann.

Just rubbed and going

Thanks for checking my pics out

Well its about time Dipper. I know you are happy with the results. Did ya share any with the pups?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by davidmcg View Post
      Well its about time Dipper. I know you are happy with the results. Did ya share any with the pups?
      Oh very happy!!! Can't bring myself to say no to the lads.....think they have become addicted to smoking too!!!

Comment

hope yours turned out better than mine..........it was a learning experience for sure........as i turned MINE into shoe leather........next time will just buy a butt and have em cut into 3/4 inch steaks......should turn out better............

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

Originally posted by Walking Dude View Post
          hope yours turned out better than mine..........it was a learning experience for sure........as i turned MINE into shoe leather........next time will just buy a butt and have em cut into 3/4 inch steaks......should turn out better............
          What a great idea, cuz I can't find pork steaks out here, thanks WD.
          Dipper they look pretty yummy, how long did they go for?

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Originally posted by Walking Dude View Post
            Oh yeah they smoke pretty quick for sure...but I made sure to keep em mopped. Great for a quickie through out the week, but ya really can't go wrong with a nice roast. I have to agree with ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Bbqgoddess View Post
              What a great idea, cuz I can't find pork steaks out here, thanks WD.
              Dipper they look pretty yummy, how long did they go for?
              I let em go for about 2/12 hrs on the electric Brinkmann. The average temp was between 240-250. After that I gave em a good mopping and wrapped in foil, let em sit for about 1 hour. Like I said GREAT for a quick smoke!!

Comment

WOW!! Those look good enough to eat. Perfect!!

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by DIPPER887 View Post
                  Oh very happy!!! Can't bring myself to say no to the lads.....think they have become addicted to smoking too!!!
                  Yup, pork steak is good and cheap. Those pups are no different than people, they know good food when they smell it. When ever I fire mine up our cats and dogs all crowd around the smokers. Then the neighbors dog and cats run down the road and join in. I was spraying down some chickens the other day and had the door open and my wifes' stupid cat jumped up in there. That was a quick smack to that thing.
                  sigpic

Comment

I know the feeling Dave....at times when I have a smoke on the go I get a entire Platoon of the local city boys stop by!!!! 6 cruisers parked in my driveway, and out front of the house. So much for a low profile!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DIPPER887 View Post
                      I know the feeling Dave....at times when I have a smoke on the go I get a entire Platoon of the local city boys stop by!!!! 6 cruisers parked in my driveway, and out front of the house. So much for a low profile!!!
                      Happiness in numbers man. Never let a soldier go alone when you can take an entire squad. I am sure the low profile was busted a while back. Here's a funny thing for ya. Years ago we had a Sheriff and a local police chief that both had standing policies that would not allow more than 2 patrol cars at any one location except the station house or courthose, unless they were on a felony call. They all said it was to prevent the so-called "cops raiding the coffee/donut shop calls". That policy was rarely followed and arely enforced. The unions had a field day every time the supervisors would try to enforce it.

Anyhow, I bet its a might cooler up there. I ended up smoking 7 slabs and 2 butts yesterday in 96 degree heat, thats what, about 37 C for you? Hot toasty stuff I am telling ya. Still the crazy dogs and cats were there trying to crowd under the canopy and getting under my feet.

Have ya ever smoked up some moink? They take about as long as the pork steak and make a great snack. Heck, smoke up a good tub full and put them in your cruiser next time your on patrol. Talking about a good trail bag, they can sure make one.
                      sigpic

Comment

Looking good Wayne.
                        Chargriller Pro w. sfb
                        Ducane 4100 propane grill
                        Brinkman Electric

Member # 200

Comment

pork steak is my favorite ever now i know that its a thin steak but if you live in the midwest you know that fareway grocery stores have a great meat department and if you know that then you know that quality will win your taste buds. I might have to try pork steaks smoked but i will tell you that they are delicious on the bar-b
                          Mitchell!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X