Neck roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck roast

The idiot at the store told me this was going to be very tender if I cooked it slowly and got it up to about 200 internal or so.

WRONG !!!!!!!!

The Chariso and smoked taders were good tho.

It was like leather, oh well live and learn eh.

Herb
    Attached Files
    Chargriller Pro w. sfb
    Ducane 4100 propane grill
    Brinkman Electric

Member # 200

Never tried a neck roast.. Dont see them much in these parts.. The only way I have seen them cooked was in a crock pot or in a oven bag...
    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Sorry to hear that Herb. Smoked taters are the greatest though! I've never tried a neck roast either. The next smoke will be twice as nice I am sure bud!
      Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
      Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Hmmm never seen one either, but I have done venison neck roasts... in the oven only tho. They come out good. Strange.
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

sorry about the learning curve taking the wrong turn for ya.. maybe when you tell the butcher of the rock hard smoke he will hook you up with a great deal..maybe.
          sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
          nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

I have never heard of a neck roast? What temp did you smoke at and then what internal temp did you go to?
            Atta boy for posting a smoke that did not go so well! My first tri tip was awful, maybe the next one ya do you can pull off earlier?
            I thought I would be able to take a tri to pulling temp... nope, it was like a brick!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

I cooked it at between 225 & 260 depending on were the sun was.
              I took it to about 200 and it looked nice and juicy, oh well ya gotta post the good with the bad so people in the know can help where you went wrong.

Thanks

Herb
              Chargriller Pro w. sfb
              Ducane 4100 propane grill
              Brinkman Electric

Member # 200

Comment

Working...
              X