Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was gonna grill some burgers.Only the names have been changed to protect the ignorant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was gonna grill some burgers.Only the names have been changed to protect the ignorant

Almost used all the characters

Anyway...At work we decided to grill up some burgers...Decided that Thursday would be good...Pulled the meat from the freezer on Tuesday and put it in the fridge...About 5 pounds...No problem...
    Till one coworker decided he was in a hurry and wanted them today...Stuck the frozen meat in a sink of HOT water...Water cooled and the meat warmed so he refilled the sink with more hot water......When myself and the guy that usually does the grilling found it the meat was already grey/brown...Not good...So we replaced the water with cold water...Which soon turned warm...That's how warm the burger had gotten...I threw it in the fridge thinkin that 1 more hour and it would get cooked...probably be OK...But the job being what it is....No time to grill today...Meats gonna set in the fridge 24 hours after being warmed in water.......Not happening here...Thinkin Im packing a lunch for tomorrow....
    Craig
    sigpic

Oh no... you cant eat that.. I am with you..pack and watch the others run to the can....
    Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
    Yoder YS640
    Weber Genesis
    Weber 18.5" Kettle
    Weber Performer
    Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Dude be a champ and throw it out. And then explain why. Don't think anyone would fault you for doing the right thing.

Comment

Originally posted by gmotoman View Post
        Dude be a champ and throw it out. And then explain why. Don't think anyone would fault you for doing the right thing.
        Trust me...I have already spoken my piece...Some listen...Some don't...We'll see what happens...
        Craig
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
          Trust me...I have already spoken my piece...Some listen...Some don't...We'll see what happens...
          Fair enough.

Comment

call the local health/med place and let them know. Crap..how can folks not know. I hope things ain't as bad as I picture. Really, I do.
            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
              call the local health/med place and let them know. Crap..how can folks not know. I hope things ain't as bad as I picture. Really, I do.
              Our resident grill master is on board...Wants to throw it out...May not be our choice as its not our meat...
              Craig
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                Rich, you can't fix stupid. He did speak his piece. They didn't listen. I'd pack a lunch too. Craig......be prepared to be shorthanded on Friday.
                S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
                CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
                New Braunfels Bandera
                UniFlame Gas Grill
                Lil Chief

Comment

just curious, but how long was it in the hot water bath?
                  Mike
                  Life In Pit Row

Comment

ditch it.

While the outer layer night be partially cooked, there's alayer beyond that that's been sat at the perfect temperature for incubating bacteria for the best part of a day or two.

Not good.
                    Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                    Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Yuck!!!! Pack a lunch----You tried to tell them!!

Bear
                      Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                      Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Pleasantly surprised with the replys on this, especially after reading the refreezing thawed meat suggestions on another thread.....(where is the puking smiley/avatar)

Better safe than sorry imho.
                        Just because you welded some shit together doesnt make it a WSM.

Twitter: @GrubSeeker

Comment

Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                          Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                          1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                          Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                          Weber Smokey Joe
                          Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                          Pink Thermapen
                          Purple Thermapen

Comment

well the burgers got grilled...As expected, being a man short this week, nobody was available to run the grill...Boss finally had to leave his office to cook the burgers...His response was just cook them a little longer
                            Anyway...Out of seven of us, three decided that it wasn't worth the risk...Time will tell what the other four think...

The way that I see it is if I was wrong all I missed was a grilled burger...If I was right I missed out on a whole lot more
                            Craig
                            sigpic

Comment

well the burgers got grilled...As expected, being a man short this week, nobody was available to run the grill...Boss finally had to leave his office to cook the burgers...His response was just cook them a little longer
                              Anyway...Out of seven of us, three decided that it wasn't worth the risk...Time will tell what the other four think...

The way that I see it is if I was wrong all I missed was a grilled burger...If I was right I missed out on a whole lot more
                              Smart man. From my experience, you'll know by tomorrow.
                              S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
                              CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
                              New Braunfels Bandera
                              UniFlame Gas Grill
                              Lil Chief

Comment

Working...
                              X